Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KidWalleye

taxidermy help

8 posts in this topic

Does FM have a taxidermist as a sponsor? I finally got a trophy Walleye and I need to get it done. Thanks, KId

I'm a taxidermist in So Dak (and don't do fish by the way) but would suggest calling around your area and stopping in and checking the work of the the 3 most expensive places. If they work out of their basement move on. You generally get what you pay for. State and national award winners should be sought out. Good luck.

Hello,I disagree that if you work out of your house it is somehow substandard work.I had a 10 lb walleye done years ago and it is holding up great.This guy works out of his house in Blaine,Mn. (not a sponser here)He does some of the best work i've ever seen.Hope this helps c63

I also disagree about the working out of your house part. My dad does some taxidermy on the side and there are many expensive businesses that can't hold a candle to his whitetails and walleyes. Plus he doesn't charge an arm and a leg to do it. I would just recommend looking at the taxidermist's previous work to see what kind of a product he has and go from there.

my gf's old taxidermy instructor is out of virginia, mn and he does awsome work and nice sceneries. email me for his website at sledn4ever@hotmail.com (not a sponser) my gf was actually in on mounting that state record bear that was hit up here.

Hey, Kid. That ain't no trophy walleye grin.gif

I'll talk to my neighbor to see if he has some contacts.

tgff you're lucky you know how to work a net or you would have been swimming with my walleye. Haha

There are plenty of good taxidermists in your area.I use to do some taxidermy for approx 10 years.Shoot me a e-mail and I can supply you with the names of a few very good ones.I knoew one that has won about every competition there is in the taxidermy world.It takes him about 6-7 months but no one is better.