Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Snake River  King

Rush lake or Pokegama Lake?

Snake River  King

Hello Im going to put my permanent Ice house out on eather Rush or Pokegama Lake. My question is witch one would you guys recomend? I would like to fish for walleye and pike, but also would go for a good crappie bite to, what was it like on each of those lakes last year. The one thing I don't like about rush is that there are to many people who break into peoples houses.

Ray Esboldt

Tough call there. They are both good lakes. I think the walleye bite on Rush is quite a bit better than Pokegama's in the winter. The crappie and pike bites are similar.

Theft and vandalism is an issue on both lakes. My brother had a bunch of his ice fishing stuff pinched last year in the driveway of my parents cabin on Pokegama. If one of the local methheads needs some money, anything is fair game.

Bigfife

What time of day will you be doing most of your fishing? My experience from years past is that the crappies on Rush don't bite much after dark. During the day I can go out there and pound them, but for some reason I have a hard time both deep and shallow after dark. Knock on wood, but in 2 years my house has not been broken into on Rush. It might be too late in the season now, but a little preseason scouting with the boat can work wonders. Last fall my buddy found a dead tree in 35 fow away from all the winter spots. When the lake was crowded, we could get away from the traditional spots and still stay on fish.

fishnhooks

Bigfife,

You are still alive!

Maybe this winter can meet up on the lake. I bought myself a new buggy so that I don't have to walk or risk driving that truck out! Can't wait!

"hooks"

Snake River  King

I will probobly fish more during the day but some at night also?

Bigfife

Hooks, I will be out on Rush as soon as I can satetly get out there. I got laid off a month ago, and I have been hunting about every day since. Bring on the ice.

fishnhooks

Bigfife,

Quote:

I got laid off a month ago

At first I felt bad for you. frown.gif

Quote:

I have been hunting about every day since

Then I didn't feel so bad. Actually I think your bragging a little mad.gif

See ya on the lake grin.gif

"hooks"

Fishin Beast

Anyone know if these lakes have any cover of ice? In the bays?

Deitz Dittrich

I have no first hand knowlege... But if there is there is no way it would be safe.. and with the rain this am.. my guess would be no ice at all.

Ray Esboldt

Pokegama was completely ice covered on Saturday. It was thin near the shores and refrozen many times in spots. My guess is the wind and rain ripped it open and removed the bulk of the ice.

If you are pining to get on the ice this weekend, neither Rush nor Pokegama will be an option.

Fishin Beast

I am definitely not looking at getting out anytime soon. Just trying to put together a time-line for when the ice will be safe.

I am aiming for late next week till early the week after for around the chisago area.

Snake River  King

My buddy is going out to paterson park tommarro for tipup fishing, but I think I will wait one more week

walterking

if you fish more during the day i would go with pokegama i have a cabin near muffies and we always do real good on the pannies during the day but you are wasting your time on pokegama at night the water is to filthy plus being shallower the ice quality is usually better early!