• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Got Walleyes?

lots of luck

Saturday night (10/21), Minnetonka, 48 degree water temps, 27 degree air temps when we came off the water, long line trolling resulted in 4 walleyes for three anglers.

Hillbiehle(FM'er) holding the first fish of the night, 23", he later landed a 20" also.

images007jq9.jpg

Yours truly holding a 24"

images021hx3.jpg

The story of the night though belonged to the kid, Mark (14). Now this young man caught his first walleye of his life Saturday night. I'm not sure if we still can wipe the smile off of his face. I don't think we have stopped smiling either. Let's just say Chris (Hillbiehle) and I were a little excited for him also. 28.5" of girthy walleye.

images012vo4.jpg

images014th4.jpg

images016wq9.jpg

All swimming to be caught another fall night when they are approaching that magical 30" mark.

Nice fish and thanks for photos. What was the lure of choice and speed you were trolling at?

Nice fish! I was out early Saturday evening for a couple hours trolling raps with no luck. I wasn't able to stay out after dark though. Was a certain time of the night best or were they spread out? Any other tips would be appreciated but don't tell me your hot spot.

So Mark's first walleye ever was a 28.5"?! What a way to get him hooked on walleye fishing!!

tashit,

The action happened after dark for us. We fished for a very short time prior to sunset because we were getting the boat situated or arranged, defining our trolling run, determing trolling speeds and so on. We did get a few runs in prior to dark, but no action to show for it.

Lures included rogues, husky jerks and original floating raps.