• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nikon Monarch ATB 8x42

I was just at Cabela's in Rogers looking at the Nikon 8x42 Monarch ATBs and I really liked them. However, Cabela's 2006 Pine Ridge 8x42 are the same bino's for half the price. The quality is the same (prisms, optical coatings, exit pupil, etc), the only difference is that the Pine Ridge are 7oz heavier. For the $150 difference, I could carry 7oz a long way!

I compared the Nikons and the Pine Ridge side by side and could not tell the difference. I ended up getting the Pine Ridge because they were more reasonably priced, and because of the Cabela's Brand guarantee (no questions asked, full replacement on anything branded "Cabela's").

But I did like the Nikons! Hope this helps!

I have owned the 10X42s for five years. I love them. They are the second thing I pick up behind my boots before a morning fo hunting. Wish they had the pop-out eyecups like the newer models but oh well.

I have a pair of the 8x42s with the pop outs. They are very nice for a mid price range binocular. The only other thing that is a MUST is that harness strap deal that holds them tight to your chest.

Just wanted to mention it again,

I GIVE DEALS TO FM MEMBERS on optics!!

I don't know why you would not buy your optics from a FM sponsor!!

I honestly did NOT know you sold optics

confused.gif

Quote:

Just wanted to mention it again,

I GIVE DEALS TO FM MEMBERS on optics!!

I don't know why you would not buy your optics from a FM sponsor!!

Webbie

Optics 4 Hunting is the sponsor for this page.If you ever need to buy again,give Nick a call as they are very good to work with.

Sometimes my brain just farts and forget about the sponsors.. I'm sorry.

Quote:

Webbie

Optics 4 Hunting is the sponsor for this page.If you ever need to buy again,give Nick a call as they are very good to work with.

webbie

I am sure all he wants is a chance as he helps keep this forum going for all members.Have a great day.My brain also does the same thing at times.