Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turk

Jiggin'

5 posts in this topic

Well this is the time of year where many anglers favorite approach of jig and minnow combo fishing really works well. My clients and I have been doing well jigging and it is about as much fun as you can have. I have great success with fatheads plus they don’t cost an arm and leg and are readily available. Fish in 15 to 30 feet, walleyes run shallower than saugers. We’ve been fishing a lot of the river and covering ground going well south of the Kinni and to the Bayport area with points in between.

Keep Catchin’

Turk

Turk:

Thank you for the info. I love the fall jig bite. Has anyone tried plastics yet?

I get a full day on the Croix on Friday.

Good luck and you lucky dog you....I am jealous

hey yea turk that was an awsome day friday, we all had fun , jiggin is the ticket right now!!!! need that 10lb'er soon!!

I've found that lighter line gives you the ability to use a lighter jig head and increases sensativity, I use 4lb on my favorite jig rod, seems to be work just fine. Fall fishing is no doubt the best, keep jigging! grin.gif