• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Winter Canvas or Army Tent Rental

Anyone know in Duluth, Ely, or elsewhere where I could rent a Canvas Wall Tent or Army Tent, that I could use my personal wood Stove in????

I would be willing to rent a wood stove if mine was too big.

Any Info is appreciated!

Thanks.

Mark

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I think you can buy them at cabelas

There is a new company in Duluth that rents canvas tents and stoves for cold weather camping. Whitewater outfitters I think it's called. You might contact Hartley Nature Center as this group has been part of their winter festival in the past and they can probably find you contact information. After spending some cold nights in an unheated nylon tent last Winter on Big Knife I swore that this winter I'll rent or buy a canvas tent with a stove for my next Lake Trout foray.

No, I did a couple searches, but no luck....

You have any luck?

--Mark

I met someone using a rental stove and tent this weekend. They rented it from a place called Whitewood. They're on Central Hill. Hope this helps.

I hope I didn't send you on a merry chase with the wrong name of the outfitter. Whitewood might be the right one. It might be worthwhile to check with outfitters in Ely if you aren't having any luck. Piragis comes to mind as a company that could at least steer you to someone with canvas tent rentals. When we were skiing out last winter I think one of the parties we ran into said that Piragis might rent winter tents/stoves. Good luck

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Buy one at cabelas NAM

Check out Snowtrekker. They're out of Solon Springs, WI. They make "traditional" winter camping tents out of canvas, made to be used with wood stoves. I don't know if they rent 'em, but I've heard rumors there might be a company around Duluth that does rent out their tents. Might be worthwhile to get in touch with the Snowtrekker folks and see what you can find out.

Piragis in Ely rents them. I called on one last week. Just ask for someone in winter outfitting.

I'd like to thank everyone on here for their input, except miss moose, oops, I mean monstermoose. Just kiddin Man. wink.gif

This goes to show how well this forum is working.

Counting down the days. Only 45 days left in Yellowstone, then off for two months.

That will be two months of fishing, hopefully.

--Mark

I just saw an ad in the St. Cloud paper for a 10 x 10 black canvas wall tent w/floor and military stove jack. I can send you the contact info if you're interested.