Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
eelpout#1

4 Stroke Oil

eelpout#1    0
eelpout#1

I know it's probably been posted and discussed before, but...Those of you who have 4-stroke motors and do your own maintenance, what do you use for crankcase oil? My dealer said to use only the Yamaha or Mercury oil, but (get this) my nieces boyfriend worked for the same dealer and he told me that when they do an oil and filter change, they use Havoline 10W-30. My motor is a 2004 Yamaha 90. As far as I know my warantee is long gone. Oh wise ones, does it make any difference?

thanks in advance

tc

Northlander    72
Northlander

I use the Amsoil 4 stroke marine oil and Im very happy with it. I also use their lower unit oil.

PK3    0
PK3

I second the amsoil. Use it for all applications and have had great luck with it.

T-ProGuy    0
T-ProGuy

I have a 2003 Yamaha F90, and the dealership that I bought my boat at told me to just use regular motor oil. I emailed the Valvoline help desk and asked them if their oils were suitable for use in four stroke motors and was told that they absolutely were and would not void any four stroke warranties.

In regard to your warranty, your particular situation may be different, but when I bought my boat and motor, it came with a 3 year warranty...if that is still the case, yours should still be under warranty.

iffwalleyes    0
iffwalleyes

I know the service manager of one of the big marine stores I asked him the same question and if I should use any sythentics or specific motor brand oil. He said to use regular oil and that was all one really needed.

FZ    0
FZ

Northlander, which store carrys amsoil? Thanks.

loosegoose    0
loosegoose

I get mine at the local NAPA parts store.

McGurk    1
McGurk

Red Rooster has most of the line.

Northlander    72
Northlander

I get mine right at Amsoil since they are based out of Superior Wi. where I live.

Otherwise try a search on Amsoil and they can tel ya where by you.

lawman    5
lawman

How much is Amsoil a quart?

Ralph Wiggum    0
Ralph Wiggum

Fleet Farm around here has some Amsoil in stock for $5.00-$5.50 a quart, but I'm not sure they have all the types.

I use their 5w-20 in my Accord and I have been very pleased with it.