Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gatores

Marine Carpet

11 posts in this topic

Anyone know where in Minnesota that stocks marine carpet that I can just go buy without having to order it. I am assuming some place has it in stock, just dont know where. Thanks in advance

Fleet Farm, in the carpet area. I think it's marine, indoor/outdoor for sure.

Fleet farm sells carpet? I never knew that or would of even thought that. Is there any difference from marine carpet to indoor/outdoor carpet?

Cabelas website shows various choices and grades of it. Was looking for the kid who wants to carpet a 8 X 16 he acquired.

Looked like about $150 for that size & quality he needs.

** any of the house mfgr's will have it as well**

I told my son to measure out the cuts he needs and approach one of them to cut it out for him. Buy the adhesive to secure it and just roll out the pre-cut carpet !!

I am looking for someplace that has it in stock. Cabelas can order it, but no idea what it really looks like before u get it. Thanks though

have you considered using vinyl?

the carpet in my boat stays wet for a week.

Menards carries the base grade indoor/outdoor stuff as well but its not the grade of marine or the texture.

Marine carpet comes in variable piles and grades just like normal carpet. Obviously the lower per ln ft cost the cheaper the look and quality.

I'm sure Cabelas or anywhere has a onsite sample of everything they stock or can order.

Fish house manufactures pretty much use on of two or three grades but I doubt they carry or stock numerous variety other then samples.

So unless you are looking for some "high dollar" stuff you will see what you mainly see in most manufactured fish houses & boats. I had a low cut tight weave with padding in a house and it was great stuff. Ceiling fan kept it dry @ all times if it got soaked some how. But I know this was not your average middle of the road application either for marine carpet.

Not sure if you have a Gander Mountain out your way or not they have it stock......you should seriously consider vinyl or brush on flooring....

My boat has marine vinyl on the floor and it still looks great after 10 yrs. of a lot of use. Does,nt retain any water, just runs right off. Also cleans up nicely!

Cabelas use to have a sample deal to show you.Just maybe you can contact Valv as he may have some.

Hallberg marine carried carpet a year ago. I have not needed carpet again, but, I would bet that they have your color, unless it is not a popular color you are trying to get.