Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gopherfisher_22

Help WIth Ground Blind

7 posts in this topic

Gpa is getting pretty old and having a hard time getting into a tree stand not to mention having a hard time staying warm.. Wondering if there are any rules on building some type of ground blind. Mostly having a piece of blaze orange cloth on it or if it is even legal. We hunt public land by remer so there isnt a lot of hunters but some.

I have a Roundhouse Ground Blind that works awesome!!! The only thing is that with Rifle season I believe that you need a good size piece of Blaze Orange draped over the top. Otherwise that thing you can stay warm in, 360 degrees view and Camo'd. Good luck

The blind should work well.Its nice to brush it in but if you are hunting where others are or close to a road then I would mark it well for safety's sake.

Just wondering?We can have a ground/any blind without blaze on it right?????????c63.if not i've been wrong all these last 30 or so years.....c63

Im not sure what the regs are. But if you have been doing it for that long im sure your prolly right on saying you dont need any on it. but i think i willl still wrap a piece of blaze orange around the nearest tree

chris, i think legally (dont qoute me on this though), you dont have to have the blaze orange, but it would be HIGHLY recommended if you did.

Hunting public land I would definetly put some sort of blaze orange on or near the blind. Just to let hunters know where he is. Another thing you could do is maybe get a slow moving vehicle sign and put it on a tree right next to the blind. Those are pretty easy to see and there would be no mistaking that it was put there intentionally.