Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dhenry

Thursday night report

7 posts in this topic

Good night to be out with very little boat traffic and not too much wind. We fished from 6:30-1:45. The night started well with about a 10# norhtern attacking a FT #12 HJ as soon as we got our lines in...a few minutes later and we had our first walleye. The walleye bite remained consistent all night with the best bite being from 6:30-12:00. We caught 33 walleyes with 4 measuring at 27" or slightly better....none were over 28". The color of choice and size was pretty mixed throughout the night with FT and TS probably catching the most. The water temp. was 45 degrees. All of our fish came on the inside weededge. Speed range from 1.3-1-7 with both inside and outside turns taking fish. I think tonight would be another great night to be out. Goodluck to all.

wow! what a fantastic report! i have been watching the weather all week and was planning for today/tonight but my fishing buddy canceled yesterday... that trip sounded like one of the fall best! WTG!

regards,

minnesotatuff

It was a fun night especially after skipping last weekend due to a bunch of other commitments. I think the fishing should keep getting better through early November.

Very nice "D". Fantastic report indeed.

Dhenry, Wow wha a nite 33! I guess I was on the wrong side of the lake. I would have loved to show my son a nite like that. News like this will keep me interested to try again.

Skeetman

Thanks for the update "D". The first week in November can't get here soon enough! smirk.gif

i was up thurs. to fri. i must have been on the wrong side of the lake as well. got a few thurs and fri. Did get a limit of nice perch 10-12 inchers and did get 12 on sat. but it was a very cold trip, and the bite was just not too good, a bit disappointing but did get 2 nice fat 27's. Now we wait till ice up.