Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
big drift

Missing man search...

11 posts in this topic

A hunter by the name of Korey Kelly is missing in Northern Beltrami County since Monday. He was grouse hunting with a friend and his friends golden retriever. After splitting up neither the dog nor Korey have been heard from.

They were hunting in the Red Lake Wildlife Management area north of Fourtown.

Please contact Beltrami County Sheriffs Dept. 218-751-9111 or 911 if you locate anything in the area.

Hunters discharging weapons have made the search difficult as searches try to confirm who was firing if it was Korey or someone else.

bd

I heard about this on the radio last Thursday but haven't heard anything since. Anyone know the update?

HEard on the radio this morning that they were going to start scaling back the search.They say they have covered 20sq miles on land and in the air and found nothing. Talking about bringing dogs to help.

Bad deal.

They found the dog walking a road and found some clothes about a mile from the Rapid River Road.

But still no hunter or body?

that is crazy???

Sounds potentially like hypothermia.... Final stages people think they are too warm and start taking clothing off. frown.gif

how cold has it been up there, has it rained at all, that would contribute...but being a hunter you think he would have some survival skills..sounds fishy...

Kodiak,

Nothing fishy about it. It's just a very expansive area where one can get turned around and not end up coming upon a road or civilation for a very long distance.

My dad volunteered a day last weekend to help the search crews since he grew up about 12 miles from there. It is a sad situation but surely not fishy.

The Bemidji newspaper web site has the most up to date info on the search from what I've heard.

ccarlson

Having been deering hunting about thirty miles straight north of there for the last, wow, thirty years, I can very well see how an inexperienced hunter or one ill prepared can get lost and turned around. In the area I deer hunt in there's swamps that are bigger then most of the "woods" city people hunt in. This is a grave reminder that when we all go into the woods in the fall me MUST HAVE the basics. Knife, compass, fire and a mental picture of where the roads are in case something happens so you can formulate a plan as to what you are going to do to get out. This story doesn't sound fishy at all, just sad. It's grim but I'm sure that this weekend or next, the poor boy will be found.

whats the link for the newspaper?