• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trigger adjustment possible?

Gus

Does anyone know if there is any kind of trigger adjustment that can be made on a Remmington model 7400? It seems like there is way too much trigger travel before the pin fires. Just curious. Thanks.

I have one of those lovely guns. smirk.gif I dont believe there is any adjustments that can be made. Maybe a gunsmith will know.

yah I know what you mean. It was a shot in the dark I guess. Maybe I'll take it in after the season. Too close to the opener now I'm afraid.

Thanks.

Many gunsmiths do not like to touch the triggers on Remington semi-autos. Liability concens I was told when I tried to have one tuned.

I understand what you mean - I have two older 742's and I hate the triggers. Creepy and draggy.

There are aftermartket triggger assemblies available. When I last considered one of them, it was over a decade ago. They were over 200 bucks then IIRC.

I finally bought a bolt gun in 1998 and have been very happy with it, though I do miss my 742 carbine when I am walking.

At 200 bucks it wouldn't be worth it to me. I'd just get a new gun. But I have a Muzzle loader on the list before I buy new rifle so I'll just live with it a bit longer. I've had the gun over 10 years already. Shot many deer but I've also been bungled by it once. mad.gif On a follow up shot (must have hit a branch or something on the first one) the second shell never loaded. I had the perfect spot picked, deer entered spot, pull trigger and nothing! mad.gifmad.gif

My dad bought my 7400 for me in '87 I think. It is a .270 Win. It has done nothing but jam since day one. Sometimes it wont eject and sometimes it wont load. It has been to a gunsmith a couple times and I get it back and it's the same thing. I wish I could fix it. But I will never sell it because my dad bought it for me and it is my first gun. never had any trigger problems, though.

It's an Autoloader right? You just jerk the trigger on those anyway don't ya? That's what all the guys I hunt with do that have Autos... smirk.gif

I would think a replacement trigger assembly would be available, try Brownell's. For those jamming issues, I've been told more times than not its the clip - either try a new one or find someone experienced with them to try to ID the prob. Later.