Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liphooked

boat landings

2 posts in this topic

are the boat landings at Maiden Rock and/or Bay City good to use? I haven't used them before but am looking to fish Lake Pepin within the next week.

what are the water temps and water level like? has the river come up since end of Sept?

liphooked The boat ramp in maiden rock is very shallow maybe for a small fishing boat. Bay city I don't know much about that ramp. There is a small boat concrete boat ramp in stockholm below maiden rock also iffy no dock. If you are going to put in I would suggest Pepin Wi on the south side of Lake Pepin (if you are fishing mid lake to the south) and Red wing if fishing mid lake and north. The one in Pepin is by the pickle factory bar restraunt very nice with a dock also a fish cleaning room free for use. Their is a marina by there also they charge. The free ramp is south of the restraunt. You might find some crappies around the pepin marina also. A good ramp in red wing is collville park (sp?) on the south side of town off of hwy 61.

hope this helps

crappie getter,