• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone fishing sakata??? Plan on heading down there this weekend maybe and hit sakata or tetonka, thanks, THE BUMBLE

fished it thurs night casting,trolling for about 5 hours hit alot of the good spots,not one fish worked 6-9ft trolling,casted both bridges and a couple bars and the crick behind caseys nothing.maybe could try casting to shore real shallow, ran out of time. or try live bait but its been slow out there.lake was pea green,water temp 45 degeees any body know why theres algea in that cold of water?i think you might be better off with tetonka thats my next stop.elysian was dead wed night too,weather changes? confused.gifconfused.gif

The water clarity/algae issue may have to do with recent lake turn-over in the area. This is typically a time, especially with water temperatures in the mid-40's, to snap jig or pitch large plastic presentations.

I know that there is a backflow in lake Sakatah and that may have been what was causing the gren water, because I know that alot of sloughs that have streams through them are somewhat clear, but when that water gets low and stops floing, it doesn't matter how cold the water is because it is gonna be pea soup!!!

i thought maybe the turnover,but i figured that was over considering the water temp.but we were out on mazaska yesterday,and there was junk floating all over telling me the lake bottom just let loose,and nobody boated either a walleye or bass for the league,tough fishing.this kinda points towards turnover,when the fishing is that bad in the fall,either that or its the cold front hanging over us.either way it should pick up real soon,hopefully! confused.gif