• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on when the first fishable ice will be in the Gunflint Trail area. I am getting excited and wanted to know what others were thinking. I heard that many of the ponds in the Ely area had ice on them over the weekend. Is this true?

we had some ice on most ponds and small lakes earlier this week around duluth as well.

for the gunflint as well as anywhere else it is just too early to tell. I would like to guess around thanksgiving (we were out before that last year) but you never know.

winterse, i just noticed that you and i registered for FM on the same day, weird! wink.gif

Some lakes should have ice before thanksgiving around Gunflint. I think we will be fishing around here before turkey day.

Quick are you going to the wild game feed or working it? Let me know.

keep the faith steve. this weekend or next Ill be ready. when its time lower it in the truck and go. cool.gif

Quick,

That is rather weird.

I am excited to get up to the Grand Marais area again. I always go to GM for deer hunting and from time to time there is enough ice for me to sneek out and catch a few eyes. With the colder than normal fall I am very hopeful that this will be the case again this year.

winterse