• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bison vs. Gophers

LMITOUT

Quote:

In my eyes, and probably like most other Bison fans, we won that game.

cYUP, and in my eyes the Vikings beat the Bears... the only problem with these theories is that they DIDN'T. frown.gif

I do wish your NDSU team would have played Minnesota last year... it would have gotten ugly fast... atleast you got the benefit of playing the absolute worst Gopher football team in possibly twenty years.

Well maybe the game should have been played last year but it wasn't. The gophers just about got beat by a little old IAA school. They were behind from the start of the game. I am looking forward to next years gane already. I missed getting to go to this one but I won't miss next year. Go Bison

NO the field was not blocked it was totally missed.

He the kicked the ball directly into line he was lucky to have made any of the kicks really as low as he kicked them.....

Double or nothing next year.... grin.gif

If you want to get technical then yes, the Bison lost the game if you look at the records. If you want to be realistic, the Gophers got it handed to them all game and the Bison beat themselves. The Gophers didn't beat them. Minnesota even said they were outplayed and outcoached....boy, that's the understatement of the year!

This felt like an exhibition game, and really it was since it was a non-conference game, but you could feel the attitude of "nothing to lose" coming from the Bison which helped them play a lot looser and with confidence. The Gophers on the other hand looked tight and nervous. A great position for the Bison to be in.

We beat them in every phase of the game but lost when looking only at the scoreboard, and if someone is clinging to that "W" with pride, well, that's as pathetic as the U of M football program. As Clark Griswold said in Vacation, "Nothing to be proud of Russ."

grin.gif

All in all two bad football teams period. I just noticed that Bison avatar is looking mighty mad since that last second missed field goal attempt, do you think it will smile again? tongue.gif

Two bad football teams, yes by 1-A standards. They only thing is NDSU is 1-AA and ranked #9 in the nation. Definately has to be a confidence booster for NDSU.

Is next years game at the dome again or is it going to be at NDSU?

Oh, I think it's smiling all right. In fact, if you put your ear down onto I-94 on Saturday evening you could probably hear a roar of hysterical laughter all the way up to Fargo. grin.gif

Buzzsaw (Have you been drinking the Homer Soda?)

Bison = Pretty tough team for Division 1-AA.

Gophers = Pretty lame team for Division 1A/ Big Ten.

Resulting in an embarrasing performance by the Goofers, especially the way the Bison at times dominated.

With PSU you get a flag to lose a game, with the Bison you get an opponents TD called back, sounds like it evened out to me.

grin.gif You guys realize I know the Gophers stink and should have lost right? I'm just testing out of friends loyalty to his Bison... Lots O' luck, you know me from our Packer/viking conversations... I'm playful, not naive right? Anyways, we'll put it to rest... the Bison deserved a better fate.

Buzzsaw I had to post, you know just because it is fun to pile on.

Also because my Purdue Boilermakers played more like the Purude Toiletmakers this weekend against the Badgers. I am starting to think my squad is really bad. Put it this way I am glad Purdue does not have NDSU on the schedule.

I thought the big difference was in the quarterback posistion, Puto is not so good.... frown.gif

And to me the amazing thing was not losing err almost losing to 1AA team but lets not forget they were a Division 2 team not long ago. shocked.gif

Where is next years game? I would assume the humpty-dome for seating purposes?

Later Pier.....

The game will be at the dome again next year, if UofM doesn't try to weasel out of the schedule. NDSU is getting a handsome check to come down and play. and with putting 62,000+ in the dome, they should.

I was at the game and it was a great atmosphere, the tailgaiting lots were a blast with Bison and Gopher fans having fun together. After the game alot of the gopher students came by in the area we set up at and congratulated us Bison fans on a great team, game and program. They were envious of the direction the Bison program was headed and the class Bison Representatives that were there.

I think they want Coach Bohl to come down and take over!

Anyway....it was a great college gameday atmosphere! and a great day for Bison Football. I recommend coming to the game next year, it really was lots of fun.

Go Bison!

The more I think about this it really isn't that big of a deal. Let's face it the Gophers are just down right terrible. Should it be a surprise this game was close or that NDSU should have won it? From the Gopher perspective bad press is better than no press at all right? It means people at least care enough about it to be talking about it. Shouldn't we talking about Gopher Hockey instead?

Granted this gets the exposure because its U of M and Big 10 football, but this wouldn't be any different if St. John's or Bethel went up to play Minnesota State-Moorehead and played them close or even beat them. Heck, I think Concordia went up there and played Moorehead close and Concordia isn't even a good D3 school.

Hey TommyJ33,

Was at the game myself--took the whole family. By the way, how are those soils samples looking?

As a former MIAC Assistant coach, the talent levels among divisions are reaching new heights and catching up with that of the division one level. The (Division III) University of Wisconsin LaCrosse took down (IAA) South Dakota State this season on the Jackrabbits home turf while the Jacks just defeated the 5th ranked team in IAA out of Cal-Poly. LaCrosse is not even the best team in their conference as they were handed a 42-10 defeat by Whitewater. Bethel and St. John's would be just fine in the NSIC along with St. Olaf and even Concordia and St. Thomas. Bethel and St. John's could also compete in the NCC on a regular basis and finish .500. The amount of talent at these schools is quite absurd as football around Minnesota has improved as has the small college football scene! The Gophers should not have won that game, and NDSU, as many coaches have stated is "that good" that they could compete in the Big 10 and finish with a 3-6 conference mark. They're scary and they don't look to be going away anytime soon!