• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shore Fishing at the U of M-Twin Cities?

MurkyWaters

I was wondering if anyone has any advice about shore fishing at the U of M-Twin Cities. I'm a student there and I would LOVE to be able to take some time out and fish every once and a while. With no boat, and not a lot of free time to travel to someone's cabin, I figure shore fishing around campus will be the way to go. Thanks for any help!

Hey man, I'm also a student at the U, and my roommate and I have had some decent luck so far. At the east river flats, we've had a few smallmouth (one around 15 inches), casting from where the old boat launch is. It's in view of the Wash Ave bridge.

If you go north, near Sanford Hall, make your way down to the river and we've pulled up a nice 4 lb pike and a 15 inch walleye, with a few channel cats. There's often other people fishing around that spot though.

Apparently there's a U of M hunting and fishing club, I was thinking of joining. It's at www.mnangling.com/hfc, if you're interested.

I fish just up river in the mill area and do quite well. Lots of Smallys and quite a few Pike. Use soft plastics that imitate minnows. Also, stickbaits work ok.

I was in the U of M hunting and fishing club for a while. I coordinated some campus recruiting and a couple fishing events. Overall I decided it was lame and did my own thing. I wouldn't waste my time. Good luck fishing though.

Quote:

Theres lots of good fishing to be had down there. If it looks fishy, fish it.

You forgot to add if you see pug fishing, keep going. There either aren't any fish or I have put my hex on it by casting into the area. crazy.gif

I fish down in that area quite a bit.

This summer I had really good smallmouth

fishing down there, not just the usual

small ones but nice big ones. Lots of

19's 20's biggest was 21 1/4". Thats kind

of unusual but with all the small ones you

catch you'd think there would be some bigger

ones...... and there is. Carp fishings

great down there as well.