• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rocks, Dead Heads, Obstacles. -Lake Maps?

We will be coming up on the 19th for a few days.

Will be going out of Tower.

Neither my father in law (new cabin owner on the lake) nor myself know the lake that well.

Will my GPS with Lowrance Lake Master chip show where the buoys were before removed?

I can't tell you about the GPS since I don't use anything that technological. However, since the lake is the lowest its been in decades, I recommend just going slow and using your eyes until you know safe routes. Vermilion is hungry for expensive lower units this fall.

I have a cabin on the East end and also use GPS with the Lakemaster chip. As Skunked said, the Lake is extremely low at this time, and there are plenty of rocks that will reach up a spank your lower unit that you can not rely on the GPS to pinpoint. Having said that, it will show you where most of the bouys were, but that alone is not enough. Tread careful in any new areas.