• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I was up last weekend closing up the cabin/dock (thanks again JKrash) and heard that a cabin burned down in the Frazer Bay area. Does anyone have any information on this? Where? How?

Thanks

PSU,

This summer I saw a cabin on fire that was located on the East side of Fectoe's Point. I don't know if it actually burned to the ground though.

Cliff

I know they did a training burn on the lake about a month ago. Maybe a little longer than that even. Not sure where. My department didn't take part in it. Basically they stage a number of small room and contents burns (level 1) and practice putting them out and watching how the fire grows. Then, they will conduct a level 2 burn that involves more than 1 room/location in the structure. They eventually pull out of the house after the level 2 has grown so much that it isn't safe to have anyone inside and sit back and watch her burn. It's good training for the FD, because you really get a chance to watch the fire and how it acts instead of focusing on putting it out as soon as possible.

That fire was on Dodge Point,east arm off of Fectos. It was burned down on purpose,to build a new cabin and it was used for fire training. It's the same owner that built the large log cabin next door. I live two cabins to the east.Fishing was great last Sunday morning. Caught 12 walleyes, 6 jumbos and a 8 lb northern all on a Sonar (metal blade lure) in 30 plus feet of water..

I have never fished a sonar bait. I got about 6 of them handed down from my grandfather but I have never used them. How do you fish them? Are you trolling or vertical jigging?

I vertical jig them,I use 4/10 lb test Fireline and just lift and drop about 1 to 2 feet from the bottom. Keep a tight line as they hit on the drop many times. You really get a jolt with the no stretch line. I rarely use live bait in late fall anymore..