• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sunday East Bay fishing report

With light west winds and sun, the weather finally gave us a fine autumn day. We were fishing only two spots, each within half a mile of Ely Island.

Four anglers in less than three hours Sunday afternoon caught more than 30 walleyes. All were using bottom bouncers in front of six-foot mono leaders, colored single hooks with a bead in front and baited with jumbo red-tailed chubs hooked through the lips.

Contacted fish in 18 to 42 FOW, with the hottest action coming in about 35-40 feet off an island point with waves breaking across it. There were a few dinks, but almost all of them were 14 to 17.5 inches, with one going 23. Half a dozen of them fell in the 17-26 protected slot.

Almost all the fish were on the muck/soft bottoms before it shallowed and transitioned to rocks. They were snappin', and we didn't have to work very hard at all. Gotta love autumn on V.

P.S. -- Cliff, I think that was you with the big green Lund and the Fishing Minnesota sticker fishing off the entry to Stuntz Bay a bit before noon, right?

Steve,

Yes, that was me.

I got 14 decent walleyes and a couple of big jumbo perch there.

I kept the jumbos and 4 walleyes between 15" and 16".

No slot fish though.

Great day to be out there! laugh.gif

Cliff

Yeah, the way things are looking could be it was the last really nice day of fall, unless we get a sweet break in late October.