Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyedan

Whitefish

3 posts in this topic

Just wanted to know if anyone else fished Whitefish on Sunday. I normally don't fish on Sunday, and I wish I would have stuck with my plan. I think it will be the last. The people I had out were very nice and enjoyable to spend the day with. But, we worked our tails off and did not produce worth squat!! I ran and I ran and I looked and I looked and we only caught two walleyes, 3 or 4 northerns and missed a few fish. Gull on the other hand has produced some pretty awesome catches for us lately. The most recent was on Saturday when a guy boated an awesome 29 incher.

Go ahead, tell me how well you did yesterday on Whitefish. By the way, did anyone see the guys with the 6 marker bouys out? Temp. was 49.9.

Walleyedan

I fished whitefish on saterday. Tried all the spots that have produced for me in past octobers. Tried from 10 feet to 75 feet(I was marking fish that deep.). Tried jigging, lindy rigging with redtails and some huge creek chubs. Picked up 4 or 5 smaller northerns and one bass. Any ideas why whitefish is so tough this fall?

Maybe it will get good in another week, did we hit it at turnover? I thought Upper had turned weeks ago though. I didn't spend much time on Upper, maybe I should have. Sorry, but glad to hear it wasn't just me.

Walleyedan