• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LOST LAB FOUND --- OTTERTAIL COUNTY

A young male black lab has been hanging around our place, and all efforts to find a local owner have met with a dead end.

I thought I would throw up a post here in the hopes that someone will see it and help find the owner.

The dog is a large framed male lab, but young. I am guessing he is between 9 and 12 months old. He is rather thin right now. For a young dog, he has a very calm disposition, and seems to know the basic commands. He is very friendly, and gets along well with my lab.

Prior to ending up at our place, he was seen running with another lab of undetermined age. I have not observed this other dog, but understand it possibly had a blue collar.

The dog was found just east of Underwood.

If anyone knows of this missing dog(s), please post a response and I will provide contact info.

We had decided to keep him if we could not find the owner. The kid and our other lab loved him right away. He had wormed his way into our hearts in a matter of hours. First, we had to try every way to find his owner. He was obviously well groomed and cared for. He exhibited some good fetching skills too. Turns out he was only a couple of miles as the crow flies from his home.

We went to the sherrifs office, called the radio station, and the wife was going to put an ad in the paper today. I called the OTC Humane Society, and they knew who it belonged to right away. Got a cell call about a half hour later from a relived owner. Nice 7 month old pup will be with his family tonight.

Hey Gissert, while you were getting acquainted with that young Lab, did he happen to mention where he had seen any ducks over that way? I'm only about ten miles away and there are NO ducks around here! I can't believe it. The Lab returned home story made my day. Thanks.

PS My young Lab goes down and sits on the dock watching the lake trying to find me a duck!

Ufatz - there are a few birds around.

I have been hunting fields for geese the last two weekends. I did see a fair amount of divers on Saturday morning, and some mallards as well. Sunday there were less birds.

Take a drive around with some binocs to the public spots south and west of Fergus. You should find some pockets of birds here and there. .