Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gissert

LOST LAB FOUND --- OTTERTAIL COUNTY

8 posts in this topic

A young male black lab has been hanging around our place, and all efforts to find a local owner have met with a dead end.

I thought I would throw up a post here in the hopes that someone will see it and help find the owner.

The dog is a large framed male lab, but young. I am guessing he is between 9 and 12 months old. He is rather thin right now. For a young dog, he has a very calm disposition, and seems to know the basic commands. He is very friendly, and gets along well with my lab.

Prior to ending up at our place, he was seen running with another lab of undetermined age. I have not observed this other dog, but understand it possibly had a blue collar.

The dog was found just east of Underwood.

If anyone knows of this missing dog(s), please post a response and I will provide contact info.

I'll check see if something turns up.

SA - Thanks.

I was able to locate the owner this morning, and both dogs are now safe.

alright-- glad to hear everything worked out.

Cool beans Gissert. I like happy endings.

We had decided to keep him if we could not find the owner. The kid and our other lab loved him right away. He had wormed his way into our hearts in a matter of hours. First, we had to try every way to find his owner. He was obviously well groomed and cared for. He exhibited some good fetching skills too. Turns out he was only a couple of miles as the crow flies from his home.

We went to the sherrifs office, called the radio station, and the wife was going to put an ad in the paper today. I called the OTC Humane Society, and they knew who it belonged to right away. Got a cell call about a half hour later from a relived owner. Nice 7 month old pup will be with his family tonight.

Hey Gissert, while you were getting acquainted with that young Lab, did he happen to mention where he had seen any ducks over that way? I'm only about ten miles away and there are NO ducks around here! I can't believe it. The Lab returned home story made my day. Thanks.

PS My young Lab goes down and sits on the dock watching the lake trying to find me a duck!

Ufatz - there are a few birds around.

I have been hunting fields for geese the last two weekends. I did see a fair amount of divers on Saturday morning, and some mallards as well. Sunday there were less birds.

Take a drive around with some binocs to the public spots south and west of Fergus. You should find some pockets of birds here and there. .

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Hello Friends:

Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed.

I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait.

Thanks guys

Andy

• delcecchi

Posted

It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  

• Sculpin

Posted

Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.

• Thanks Don! its a good time of year to be on the water!! :)

• SkunkedAgain

Posted

Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!

• Not lately but a buddy got 3 in big fork yesterday... No dog just him walking

• MrSchrute

Posted

Anyone been out lately? I normally wait until the leaves start dropping but am getting the itch to get out pretty bad.

• delcecchi

Posted

Prices a little high there too....   Come on down to the switch or the crescent.  

Didn't Bayview try the upscale dining thing a few years ago? 

• eyeguy 54

Posted

I miss ice fishing there

1 person likes this
    • BartmanMN

Posted

Where are all the Duck reports from the almighty Pelican? 

Did all this rain fill the lake back up?  I haven't driven by at all. 

I bet the crappies and gills are growing nicely.   Soon enough.

1 person likes this

• PSU
      Hello Friends: Looking for some help as I've been up here since yesterday morning and only two 22" walleyes. I've fished fairly hard (5 or 6 hours) and tried all of my normal spots in Frazer/Smarts/Narrows area using all presentations with minnows and crawlers. Would love to have a walleye dinner (couple of 15's) for my black lab and I tomorrow night and any suggestions would be welcomed. I'm not looking for spots, but general depth and bait. Thanks guys Andy  
    • delcecchi
      It is great.  I don't know if they are still doing grumpy gary chicken this time of year but it is good.  They have specials on various nights, at least in summer.  
    • Sculpin
      Dennis Anderson, Outdoor writer for the Minneapolis Tribune had a nice write up on the duck opener at Pelican. In addition there were some locals quoted on duck hunting there. Sounds like the ducks are back, and they have the water levels well under control.
    • Turk
      Thanks Don! its a good time of year to be on the water!!
    • SkunkedAgain
      Oh man, I forgot about the South Switch. I haven't been there in close to fifteen years. I doubt that it's changed.....maybe I'll head there tomorrow night!