• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well....perhaps the fall bite has started. I'm guessing the past cold snap must have given it a boost.

Papa Grump and I hit the river this evening to give it a go. We found a spot that had a little faster current and we were pitching black jigs/fathead at the seams.

Right away Papa hooked into a hog that tossed the hook at the boat. Then it was my turn. I hooked into two healthy PLUMP eyes.

First was 22" and the second was 6.5lbs (forgot length).

I couldn't believe how fat these fish were!

Hopefully a sign of good things to come cool.gif

walleye2006001Small.jpg

walleye2006002Small.jpg

Way to go! I haven't had much luck finding time much less fishing...but now I got motivation anyway!

I thought winter was here last week tongue.gif

I was out by myself last night and picked up a couple small ones. Both around 13 or 14 inches. A few of you know where I went and I'll leave it at that. Just using plastics only. I should bring a few fatheads next time out.

It's TIME.......

grin.gif

Quote:

A few of you know where I went and I'll leave it at that.

grin.gif

That's funny because as we were fishing our spot I was wondering about that spot smile.gif

Since I already know where your spot is, you can take me along anytime you need company wink.gif

Wait a minute.....I don't know your spot!!

Maybe you can take me along sometime.....

I am always game either way.

John a.k.a. wastewater @ 612-685-6713

Quote:

Hey now!!!

Can't you black out the background!
grin.gif

I seriously thought about it, but the spot we were at.....near Henderson (I won't get any more specific than that) was brutal to get to, so even if anyone recognizes it, unless they have a jet, or we get a ton of rain....they aren't getting there.

wink.gif

I finally got into a few last night on the Blue Earth. Just eater size but fun all the same on plastic. Heading up to the outlaws today..gotta find a few in the Otter Tail River.

Dennis,

We will have to go after some of those monster sauger real soon. Be nice to get the state record taken care of once and for all.

Dark30... nothin happening over this way(wadin waters that is.)

I wish it would stay between 5 and 5:30 pm for about two hours! ......And I wish I could be at more than one spot at once for the two hours between 5 and 5:30 !!!

glpleased.gif

I hear ya Dark.

We did pretty well on Sun. Caught about a dozen 19-20"ers.

I just wish I had more time after work. Not only that, but pretty soon it will be dark by the time I get home frown.gif

Sucks when your limited to weekends only.

If someone needs a partners for a weekday just give me a shout.I am always willing to do a weekday trip.

Just shoot me a e-mail.

Had a hunch about a new spot and it paid off. A creek inlet, a sand drop off, rip rap shoreline, and a great looking current edge leading into deeper water with minnows = 5 real nice Saugers, two nice Walters, a couple shakers and a few missed fish all between 4:15 and 5:30 or so. They stopped biting by 6 o'clock but really liked the White or yellow 4" plastic grubs up until then.

Gotta Luv It grin.gif

I just got news that the Walleyes are hitting at the landing in St,Peter. 16-22"s. I may have to stop there after work tomarrow.

Quote:

I just got news that the Walleyes are hitting at the landing in St,Peter. 16-22"s. I may have to stop there after work tomarrow.

I got a funny feeling after posting that, you might have some company wink.gif

Just a guess though grin.gif

Quote:

I got a funny feeling after posting that, you might have some company
wink.gif

Just a guess though
grin.gif

Ya think? grin.gif

I was down there this weekend and the guys that were fishing off shore weren't catching anything at all. Caught a few fishing out of the boat, but overall fairly slow.