• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pretty good crappie bite going on right now down in and around the harbor. We fished along the rip-rap on the east side of the harbor. Small jigs tipped with a minnow seemed to work best. Some smaller ones and some nicer ones were caught.

I was downthere Sat morning and saw a ton of crappies being caught. I unfortunately didn't have any live bait along. I did manage one nice crappie and a couple of smallies on plastics.

Can you get to these fish from shore easily? I have fished off shore along the beach there before and have caught a variety of fish at times. Do you need to fish of the rocks or can you still get into the fish from the beach?

I guess I don't know about the beach area. Are you talking about the down river side of the big pier? We didn't go out on that big cement pier with the railing on it.

We were fishing on the sidewalk area on the east side of the marina. There is three decks with benches and railings.

We also caught a few in the marina side too.

dscf2494nn4.jpg

dscf2496yx5.jpg