Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slammer

Baudette to Clementson

6 posts in this topic

If you dump your boat in at Baudette, can you motor to Clementson area without any hazards or low water? Have always put in at Vidas or Frontier so just curious. Thanks

Stay on the correct side of the nav buoys near Silver creek, watch out for deadheads and you should be okay.

Nav buoys should still be in up there? Dutchman would probably know, I have'nt been upstream of the airport at all yet this fall.

fiskyknut

Slammer,

Just above Silver Creek (3-4 miles above Baudette) on the US side, there are something like 19 rock piles and a row of pilings down the middle. There are Nav. buoys which direct you to the Canada side & as long as you stay between the buoys you'll be good to go.

There is a rock pile on the Canada side at the mouth of the Rapid River. You probably won't hit it but logs like to pile up on it so head down the middle there.

Watch for dead-heads even if you just ran the area 'cause there moving all the time. We've had level fluctuations of over 2 feet this week as the North wind stacks the water up in the river and then lets it go. Should break a lot of dead-heads loose.

Good Luck!

Thanks alot for the info guys. We might just play it safe and put in down the river some where. I have never fished between Baudette & Clementson so had no idea what was there. Thanks again!

Just a note on the buoys, the DNR usually pulls them sometime in October to retrieve them before ice-up. Might want to check with the DNR of Baudette, Royal Dutchman or Clementson Resort to verify if they have been removed. smile.gif

Not that it matters, but I believe the county is the one that pulls the channel markers, but the DNR office is usually in the know on this as well.

WAR EAGLE!!!