Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eurolarva

South Center

5 posts in this topic

I am heading out to South Center Sunday and Monday to catch up on some fishing. I am taking a friend who likes crappie and I mainly fish for Sunfish. Have the lakes turned? If so when? Any ideas where to find crappies this time of year. I suspect if the lake turn was quite awhile ago sunfish will be near weeds by pancake island. Also may try for walleye with crankbaits. Any luck near needle point?

I have to defer this question to Deitz. I haven't been fishing since September, but I believe Deitz indicated that South Center was in the process of turnover a couple of weeks ago.

Yeppers, the lake has turned.. About 2.5 weeks ago. With that said, the fish are quite spread out. There were some panfish smacking the lilly pad stems the other day when I was out there. I did catch a couple of crappies up off the rock bar in North center.. The fish are there, but a tad spread out!

Thanks for the info. Sounds like Sunday will be a nice day. Nice now that the channel is open so if South Center dont work we can still hit north. I will let you know how things work out.

The guy I went with wanted to do walleye. Not even a nibble. Found a few crappie in water around 20 ft heading to deep water but no takers on the walleye. Could not track any fish in shallow however did get a couple of hits on beetle spins in shallow which were probably small bluegills. Beautiful day for fishing and the channel is sure nice.