Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Snow

10 posts in this topic

We are getting some snow today -- any idea how that will help hunting in the next few days?

well, you will at least be able to tell how old some of the sign is.. and they are a little easier to pick out of the brush when there is a little snow on the ground.

And alot easier to track.

Good point.

A buddy of mine shot a deer two nights ago and tracked him for two hours. Then it took him another hour to find his way back.

That is the band thing about bow hunting at dark. Sometimes they are tough to find.

Do you think this bad weather will bring them out a little earlier?

I have over the years found if a big storm is brewing then the deer will come out to feed.Once the storm hits I usually just wait it out and then pop in the woods soon after as they will be hungry.

The weather here has been wierd. Stormy, sunny stormy. Seems to change every hour or so.

If you have the time then I would be sitting in the tree.Good luck. smile.gif

Gotcha. wink.gif

Anyone ever tell ya' you sound like an old Miller Beer ad?

"If you've got the time, we've got the beer."

grin.gif

I had hoped to hit it last night while the first snow of the year was on the ground, but it melted yesterday afternoon. That first snow is great to hunt, in our area, we haven't really truly had it, because it was so slight & didn't last more then 12-15 hours. I did see four deer in the horrible wind behind the hill I thought they'd be at, unfortunately while I was trying to call some far out ones in a close one snuck in close from behind me & spotted me.