Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TJC

Snuffys landing, Mississippi out of Becker

3 posts in this topic

Looking for a little help. I am new to the Becker area and my family would love to catch some Walleye from shore. I saw a place called Snuffys Landing on the Mississippi and was wondering has anybody fished from shore there for Walleyes? ( It looks very shallow ). Are the any other places from Monti to St. Cloud ( river or lake )that offers a chance to get some Walleye from shore? What would be the simplest set up to use?

What does everyone think?

'Eyes from shore is tuff....I can think of a few spots, but ya need permission to cross private property.

Below the St Cloud dam may hold a few this time of yr....Good Luck!

BTW, Not likely many would be willing to post their spots on the net....

You'll need to find some deeper water; pockets or channels for luck on eyes. The water right out from Snuffys shoreline is shallow, but there are eyes very close by.

I would recommend putting on a pair of waders. This will get you closer to possible productive areas/spots.

A good old fashion night crawler on a hook and split shot can get the job done. Other methods would be to use a mepps or shallow diving rap. You will/may also catch some smallies.

A word of caution...be sure to watch out for the smallmouth while eye fishing. When caught, the've been known to break a wrist and then proceed to pull a grown man down (pole and all) into the water depths. grin.gif