Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
windycity

Reshanaur Lake

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone confirm that Reshanaur Lake in Lino Lakes has a fishable population of Northerns and/or panfish. The latest DNR survey is from 1992, so I'm looking for more recent confirmation.

Thanks in advance

I have wondered that about all of those shallow lakes in that chain, not quite sure if Reshanaur is directly part of it but it has similar characteristics, shallow flat basins. I would think they hold up alright in the winter considering there is flow through the whole chain. I know that last 5 or so years has been fairly forgiving on shallower water which is a good amount of time for multiple species to plump up if the water is good. It would be worth a shot in my book. May take a few times with all of that water to check out up there.

Hey Windy,

I have a brother that lives on the lake. Once in a while people get northerns and occasionally a good sized one. Worth a shot if you're into exploring as much as fishing--otherwise there are better options.

Give it a try; you might be surprised!

Thanks for the info..... the plan is to set some tip-ups this winter. Send me an e-mail at bruhberg@hotmail.com and I'll reply after I've had a chance to fish it.

live in the area and i dont think there is a public access onto the lake but i might be wrong

There is a park access on the west side of the lake. I talked to the DNR guy for the area a few years back about the fishing and he didn't have much to say about it or the chain. He said there are a few northerns taken every year but other than that he didn't know much. I have never seen anybody actually fishing the lake. I know people fish the channel under the bridge going to the golf course, but I think it is a lot of carp. I live close to the lake and have always thought about bringing the house out there and trying it, but I can always think of a better, proven place to go.