Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigWadeS

PIKE BITE???

5 posts in this topic

I am just curious if anyone has found a hot pike bite in on the croix or area lakes? I am mostly looking to target the St. Croix or east and northeastern suburb lakes. Any info would be great

BigWade,

The Croix isn't really a go to northern pike desitination, I've caught some over the years, but it's more of a walleye, smallie, sauger, catfish, sturgeon fishery (sounds pretty good doesn't it!). But pike not really. Not heard about the others lakes though.

The pike and skis are hitting out on Forest right now. Look to the weedlines(remnants) 12-15'. Many smaller fish along the inside edges in the 8' range. Rattle raps, countdowns, shad raps can all take fish. Jerk baits may turn a fish or two as well. Don't overlook trolling stick baits just above the weeds out there either. Good luck this weekend!

Tunrevir~

I have caught my largest pike in MN on the Croix, many years ago...The population just isn't high enough to have luck targeting them consistantly. Every year though I get one or two to attack a smallie or small eye coming to the boat.

Thanks for the info guys, I will have to try ice fishing for Pike this year maybe. Tomorrow I am planning on hitting the Croix and hopefully I can actually get my first walleye on there in a couple months