Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

Hard Water Season

12 posts in this topic

Lets have a little fun and see who can get the closet to safe fishable ice

My guess is Dec. 13th.

Thanksgiving day, Nov 23.

Boy,I hope you are correct on that date as it would be nice to get out that soon.

Dare to dream, I say.

If there's 4" of GOOD HARD ice I'll walk out and drown a minnow.

That goes without saying.I have thought about 3 but get a little scared.I have never went down and would like to keep it that way. cool.gif

I walked on ice this morning. but the tools i were carrying werent of the fish gathering variety; unless its legal somewhere to blast fish with a 3.5" super x2! man for birds around. woke up about 500 mallards and at least that many geese as we walked into the slough. had to bust a lot of ice to get a nice spot in the north end; ice was nearly 2" in some spots!

carpshooterdelux, just curious what part of the land you are speaking of. Are you hunting sd or mn. I have been seeing more and more mallards and geese. Send me an e-mail if you dont mind. I was worried that my ducks were gonne head out after the freeze over. We should have brought the ice rods out with us this morning on the slough smile.giftrevor@rogers-autosales.com

walleye you have mail!

I'm with boiler and say Thanksgiving day.

I'll say Dec. 1st, But agree thanksgiving would be great! what ever happen to the good ole winters? But around here I sure it will be closer to christmas. Hope to go to LOW Dec. 15 time will tell. This snow and cold really gets a guy excited about fishing smile.gif

Dec 6th

Im hopin for turkey day icefishin but that may be a lil farfetched... so my guess is dec 4th..and i will go out on 3 inches of good clear ice

grin.gif