Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LetThemGo

Water Temp

19 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me an idea of where the water temps are at in the Battle lake area?

one word...

COLD!

As i look outside it is snowing and about 24 degrees, the lakes where steeming all day yesterday. Small sloughs that are protected from the wind are froze over. Good news is the weather should turn around and when it does the fish should be on a feeding frenzy....

I was out on Tuesday and the water temp on a smaller lake was at 55-56....I'm guessing low to mid 40's by this weekend.

Wow, it is dropping fast. I took a swim on October 1, and it was still bearable - sort of grin.gif

Last Saturday Ottertail was 58.

Last weekend Big Pine was around 56 degrees.

Thanks guys. I'll be in the area this weekend. It should be interesting to see where the temps are and how the fishing is with the cold snap. I'll be out no matter how cold it gets.

A lot of the small rearing ponds were 39 degrees earlier this week. you can bet that with the wind and cold temps the past few days, water temps will be down dramatically. Some of the small sloughs and had ice on them already.

Got out on Sunday and the water temp was 46-47. Fishing was OK too.

Thanks again to everyone for posts. I also found temps at 47-48 this weekend. Fishing was slow for me.

Wall Lake on 10-14 was 45.

Fishing was slow, got a few, but slow.

Hey Skeets, was that you getting off the lake around 1:30 Saturday on Wall? If so I was the guy getting on the lake in the red Triton 186. Fishing didn't get going until 3 when the water warmed a bit. The bass were on the points and rocks in 12-15 FOW.

I pulled out of the lake at about 3PM.

I was in my Lund Pro Angler 16.

I pulled out behind a pontoon, with two dogs taking a cold bath in the water!

I don't remember seeing any other boats on the lake...

Anyone been out this week? Just curious at what the water temps are at now. Still hovering around mid 40's????

I was 44 last Thurs. if that helps you any. Oh, and the fishing was good and the catching even better. wink.gif

ANY NEW WATER TEMP REPORTS. KEEP US POSTED ON THE ICE SITUATION. THANKS

Detroit lake was 37 today. Some ice around the edges!!!

Pelican (Ashby) has been locked up with ice for the past few days. The ice won't last long, but it sure is close to locking up for good. I'm thinking 3 weeks until walkable ice. Ice fishing & turkey go good together, right? It's been many of years since that has happened.

Fingers crossed.

Just about everything has opened up again, even the small ponds.