Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianLucky13

Muskies

12 posts in this topic

Im heading up there in a week and Ive never fished for muskies this late in the year. Does anybody have some advice??? Dont need any hot spots or anything, just something to point me in the right direction!!!

Thank you!!

Is everyone fishing???

I think everyone is out shoveling snow... grin.gif

Big, Slow, Find the baitfish and you'll find skies.

Bring lots of warm clothes. Hazard markers are all gone. Lake is still very low, lots of hazards. GPS Lakemaster is pretty accurate except for some portions east of Ely Island. Better throw some sand and a shovel in your rig. Boat launches can be all ice early and late in the day. Everything is white outside, very depressing. Too early..... frown.gif

Thanks Silver Scale. Is your screen name on Muskie Inc Silver Scale too, I've seen that name before there????

Thanks again!

Yes..

Well we had good weather!! Fishing wasnt that good but manage one!! All the fish were in deep water, and I just dont like fishing in deep water!!! It also took a day and a half to find the baitfish and the muskies were right around them, like normal!!!!

Thanks again Lake Vermilion for a good trip!!!

I will be going up later next year, it was just to warm yet!!

By the way, whats the deal with all the nets in the water??

Thanks Brian

the nets are for whitefish I believe.

Yes the nets are for whitefish.... Brian was that you guys in that big lund? Red Pickup with a MI sticker in the back window at Moc Pt?

Nope I had the blue Lund Renagade 1650 with a white 90 Johnson on the back. We used the access at Mckinley park and my truck is black with MI stickers on the front, but close though!!! We stayed at the Glenmore(spelling??)

I only fish the East end by Ely, Windy, Nyberg, and 7 sisters Islands!! I only say one other boat casting for muskies and maybe 1 or 2 trolling.

What do they do with the fish they net??? I hope the muskies have enough to eat!!!

Brian

Brian,

The whitefish are great smoked or deepfried. Very good eating fish!

Thw gators always have plenty to eat. grin.gif

Cliff

Mmmmmm Deep Fired an smoked white fish.

Mmmmmmmm.

Whens lunch Cliff?

laugh.gif

Soon I hope Tom!! grin.gif

I may try to hook a few white fish yet this week with any luck.

Cliff