Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
heartattack22

Any ducks up that way???

5 posts in this topic

Anyone seeing any ducks out there on the big water while you are out fishing. Coming up hunting in a couple of weeks...hopefully there will be ducks around.

HEY HEARTATTACK...WHERE DO YOU HUNT...AMERICAN SIDE? LOOKS LIKE WE ARE NEIGHBORS...LOL...I HUNT OUT OF MOROSON...GREAT SEASON SO FAR...HAD A COUPLE OF NICE BILL SHOOTS LAST WEEK...LOTS ON BIG WATER...HEADED UP TOMORROW FOR A WEEK THEN HOME FOR A DAY AND BACK UP UNTIL DEER SEASON...LUV TO CHASE THOSE "BILLS"

Had fun hunting with fwp last weekend. He was pretty good at getting around the lake in the dark ( thanks to electronics ) I loved to watch the dogs work. I was the only one without a dog. Even had a good shoot with a couple other guys and I think fwp knows who I am talking about. Out of Morson is where we hunted. Lotsa birds. I was up there for the weekend and took my limit home. Not sure how the flight is on the U.S side though. I have a friend heading out in the morning so hopefully he will give me a report. Good luck

Any other duck sightings up that way? Heading up on Thursday night...Heard the northern flights are into the Falls area.

Just got back yesterday. Hunted the Swift Ditch area. 5 guys took 25 birds in 3 days of hunting. All puddle ducks except 2 Bull Cans. Green wing teal, Mallards, and Gadwalls. The water is very low and we broke ice two of the 3 days we hunted to put the decoys out. I would say most of the migration is past here or isn't going to happen.

If you plan on hunting the swift area bring a shallow boat with paddles or a good set of waders. You can't run a motor in there do to the shallow water.

Saw a fair amount of Snows and Blues in the area.

Hope this helps.