Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Grouse Hunting in Good Old Northern Minnesota.

5 posts in this topic

Went back up to International Falls this weekend and after duck hunting saturday morning we headed down some good trails and roads in search of the elusive and tasty ruffed grouse. We ended up seeing twenty birds and shoting nine between three of us. We missed a few that should have been easy, but we all know how that goes. We also saw alot that were really, really spppky. Not a bad five hours of hunting though. Most of the birds were hanging in young poplar and birch trees. All were feeding on clover, with a few berries mixed in the crops too. Can't wait to get back up there in two weeks!!!

Take Care and Good Huting Guys!!!

Repeat after me tearin' lips ~ THERE ARE NO GROUSE UP NORTH. wink.gif I'll be back at our deer shack a week from tonight. I can't wait. Mmmm tasty partridge. grin.gif

for those skittish grouse you need some good ol skittish loads which are 3 inch shells loaded with 6s hmmm they take turkeys at 50 yards and take grouse out to 65 give them a try.

Did I say in Northern Minnesota... grin.gif

Monster, All I shoot are 2 3/4 and 3" number 6's for grouse and pheasant, they don't really do too much good when most of the BB's are hitting the trees that the grouse is flying next to!! grin.gif One bird I followed through and didn't see the big poplar that he was going to fly behind. lets just say that no BB's made it farther than that tree. grin.gif

Take Care and Good Luck Hunting Guys!

well well i use 7 1/2s most of them except when a long shot comes along the trail. Yes i did kill alot of them aspen trees too.