• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Boat rolls off trailer too easy!

sptitz

Question

I have a new rig this year, at the access the boat wants to roll right off the trailer, it makes it kind of tricky to launch by myself. Anyone else have this problem? What can I do to keep it in place till I shove off?

4 answers to this question

I NEVER unhooked the bow strap and safety chains on any of my roller trailers until the boat was in enough water to float it.

Quote:

I NEVER unhooked the bow strap and safety chains on any of my roller trailers until the boat was in enough water to float it.

Ditto what PerchJerker said.

You will not believe how many boats gets damaged this way.

Anyway there's not much to do about it, you can change your rollers with bunks, it will help from rolling back.

Just wait till the water gets into the bearings and that will slow them down, but NEVER unhook your boat till it is in the water.........