• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stoeger M2000?

Springer Man

I am looking to buy a mid-priced semi-auto shotgun that shoots 3 inch load. The Stoeger M2000 runs for about 380 bucks which is about what I'm looking to spend. What do you Stoeger owners have to say about this gun or does anyone else have another suggestion? I hunt waterfowl and pheasant.

Springerguy:

Welcome to FM! Glad to have you aboard.

If you use the search option on the top of the forum, and look up what Borch, Kodiak, and myself have had to say about the gun along with many others, I think you'll have some good reads.

In summary, I really like the gun. Lightweight, good balance considering the value. As with the Benelli's, magnum loads in 3" or 3.5" in the SBE's case will hurt a bit. It's the price you pay for the lightweight. Recoil isn't terrible, and in hunting situations goes unfelt.

I use mine with the cant. rifled barrel for deer hunting, and as a backup turkey gun. I'll also try it out for pheasants/grouse this year. Make sure to pattern. Center of my pattern at 40 yards is a few inches left.

Thanks for posting, we look forward to hearing how it works for you!

Joel

yes, yes, and yes,,,get the camo model it is NICE>>> i got the black and wished i had the camo but i got the slug combo.