Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill U

Break-On-The-Lake walleye tournament

3 posts in this topic

I fished Allen's Bay Oct. 2-4. Walleyes were in from 20' to 30'. Used Crawlers and redtails. Difficulty in fining many good perch. Am interested in finding some results of the WE tournament on BOTL.

Thanks,

Bill U

It was won by Al Ruzac of Sunset Cove... winning weight was 16lbs some odd ounce's... 6 fish, one 6 lb+ kicker. Lots of fish brought in and weighed, I believe around 9 lbs was the cut-off for 20th place... we didn't fare as well, only managed 2 over the 15" minimum... both were solid fish though, caught on cranks in 4-6 feet of water on the windward side of shore... we fought the 3 footers all day figuring if we got 2 we could muster out 4 more... should've went to my 'off shore' spots... oh well, there is always next year!

Good Luck!

Ken

First year for me fishing it. We ended up in a three-way tie for 30th. 6.06lbs. Hit a numbers spot in Allen's Bay. Caught about 8, only 2 legals. Went to the bigger water, picked up three 17"ers. Went to 2 more spots in Allen's Bay, and one on the main lake, with nothing but perch. Dragging jigs with rainbow minnows produced all the fish. One light "tap" on a redtail all day. The wind was pretty brutal.