• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NLCS Predictions New York v.s. St.Louis

mnwild

Guys I am trying to get up for the playoffs but the shore fishing has been extremely hot grin.gif. Does it really matter who represents the National League. If the staemnet holds true that the tigers eat there young.Well either team from the National League will be on the breakfast menu. In the mean time I'll just bore myself with all these nice fish smile.gif

1000233bv7.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CNY Tim

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• buzzsaw

• genegodawa

WOW -----

"I wanna be bored like you,

"Like nobody else but you,

"I wanna be bored like you,

"Like you, like you... tra la, tra la, tra la....

Buzzy - Ducks and eyes what a surf and turf eh? Geno it's fun as heck till ice up following the eyes, I even picked one up on a jig last night and it's early. This fall has all the makings grin.gif

Sorry I didn't get to check in on this one earlier. (I was up in Itasca County freezin my arse off last week). Anyway, I'll call it how I would have from the beginning. Mets win series in no more than 5 games. That's not lookin as likely today. Congrats on your pitching staff. Most of them have really stepped up. I thought the Mets would pound everyone except Carp.

I grew up in St. Louis and I have Cardinal Red flowing through my veins...Hornsby, Musial, Gibson, Brock, Smith, Dean, Big Mac, Clark, Hernandez, Torre, Sutter, Harry Carey, Jack Buck, Mike Shannon....World Champions nine times.

My question is...why is no one questioning La Russa's decision on pulling Reyes after four innings. I understand there were two on and two outs when La Russa decided to have Duncan pinch hit. I understand that Reyes was struggling...but come on...After Reyes was pulled for a pinch hitter in the fourth, the Mets put the first two batters on in the fifth against Brad Thompson. Then Delgado ripped a 2-0 pitch the other way an estimated 372 feet for a three-run homer. I very rarely ever question La Russa's ability to make good baseball decisions...but I think last night's decision was not one of his best!

Probably because up to that point the Cards bullpen had been lights out? Larussa isn't used to his starters pitching many innings this year.

That is true during the post-season...but not so true for a large portion of the regular season. Especially when they hit the skids at the end of the season. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Weaver can give the Cards seven good innings. I'm thinking Glavine is going to have a little more trouble tomorrow than he experinced in game one...since it has only been six days since the last time Albert and company has faced him.

I am a Reds fan. I am very aware of the Redbirds shortcomings. The Cards don't belong in the playoffs, much less the NLCS. No ill will intended though. I am a baseball fan to the bone. When the post season rolls around I suck it up and find somebody to cheer for. (Like the Twins, oops I mean Tigers...) Kinda like the Tommy Lasorda commercials. smile.gif

Back on topic, tonights game is must win for the Cards. If it keeps raining, Carp and Glavine might pitch four games.

Spinner do you think they can seal it up with Carp going tonight? I knew something was wrong with Albert's hamstring but there's no way he does not play, gutty performance and how about that psycho Jeff Weaver this guy was begging to be the next coming of Kevin Brown and he probably would have if he stayed in pinstripes. Jeff's yet another Dave Duncan masterpiece found in a junk yard or left by the curb. We might not have the greatest offense but were pitching pretty good other than the hiccup in game 4. Kinney was awesome, Flores got his man and Wainright nailed it down.

I was pleased to see La Russa keep Weaver in the game when his spot came up with the bases loaded...wondering if the skipper had flashbacks regarding his decision to prematurely yank Reyes in game four. Nine times out of ten you have to go with the odds/numbers...but every now and then you have to go with your gut, and those instances instill confidence in the team when they work. How about Eckstein's gutsy performance...one tough little ball player. Key home runs by AP and Duncan...all and all things look good for the Cards to advance tonight.

Tim

It would be a real good time for the Cards to close the deal. Game 7 in NY is not a good place to be. I just can't believe how silent the Mets bats have been. Cards have pitched outstanding other than game 4. I guess that's why they go ahead and play the games. Have you called Larussa yet and apologized for giving up on '06? J/K, they were just pathetic only last month. smile.gif

I have been thinking about the Cardinals every time I fish whether it's PITCHING crank baits and jigs or the ripping HITS when they hook up. I was 9 for 10 with walleyes in scoring position the other night grin.gif

The pessamistic approach is working wonders thus far and I dont want to rock the boat but my band wagon has been running on square wheels towards the end of the season and I can't help to think of what's going to go wrong next. frown.gif The playoffs have rejuvenated my spirits just like every season when the playoffs start no matter what team it is I'm a baseball fan first.

My feeling is Carp will be lights out tonight, if he worked out that side session and got that yacker cooking for strikes it will be very tough for these Mets tonight. But like you said that's why they play the games.

Eckstein pinched his fingers on the bunt and has a strained left shoulder and after Aaron Miles triple last night I wouldn't mind giving Eck a night of rest just to make sure everything is in order. What do you think Willie?

Mets hitters will have problems again with Carpenter...he's got the pitches and can set-em up with Uncle Charlie. He's not afraid to go inside on lefties which definitely affects Beltran and Delgado. Not to mention he has ice water flowing through his veins.

I would let Eckstein play if he says he can...nobody better in baseball to get a pitcher to throw a bunch of pitches. Bring in Miles the middle innings if it appears his heart is writing checks his body can't cash.

Keep the infield shift to the left setup the same as the last five games by playing Belliard and Pujols deep. Keep Spezio out of left field...but sub him in mid/late at third if Rolens continues to just pop the ball up. Mets pitchers are throwing high in the zone to him and are taking advantage of his shoulder problem. They can't do that with Spiezio. Plus who ever bats in front of Rolens spot in the line-up will get better at bats.

I liked the way the righties were crowding the plate last night on Glavine...made all the difference. They now can step back and use all the grass in the outfield...if you know what I mean.

Molena and Carpenter have got to do a better job on Reyes...would love to see him gunned down at second or first. Lastly the Cards need to execute, execute, execute and execute. Play loose and play to win, and for crying out load La Russa...don't pull Carpenter prematurely!

Willie,

You're sure right about Eck. If the guy never got another base hit I'd still be tempted to play him just to use up 25 pitches every night. I wonder what the Eckstein single game pitch record actually is?

Oh well, tonight is the night...balls to walls boys and get your wheels on! La Russa please sit Rolen down, put Spiezo on third base, put Duncan in left field and use Wilson, Tuguchi and Miles late in the game to pinch hit and for added defense in the late innings. All Cards fans will keep their fingers crossed that Suppan will have command and can go deep into the game. Utilize Kinney in the 8th and have Wainwright turn out the lights. What say you Spinner and Tim?

I have heard of armchair qb's, but you guys are good at this backseat managing! We'll see what the pressure point turns out to be - will good pitching (Suppan)stop good hitting (Mets)? Can Pujols carry 'em - with or without Rolen (I say WITH)? Can't say as I'd like to see the Mets win, but their overall season record says they should.

I'm gonna have to get my packing done early for my weekend pannie trip so's I can sit down with a good stogie and enjoy G7. This is how exciting all playoff series should be!

Quote:

Mets hitters will have problems again with Carpenter...he's got the pitches and can set-em up with Uncle Charlie. He's not afraid to go inside on lefties which definitely affects Beltran and Delgado. Not to mention he has ice water flowing through his veins.

Ahhh prognastications... I heard Eric Kuselias talking about Carpenter befor ethe game on ESPN radio and he said he's probably not even a top ten pitcher in the American League... I'd say he may very well be right.

I hope the Cards win for Tims sake, I'd hate to see him take out a game seven loss by eating six walleyes per day til next season comes along. The Cardinals will need to score atleast six runs to win this game and go the the WS.

Buzzy like the Cardinals I only caught two keepers last night, I won't bore you guys with the fish pictures here there posted in the New York Forum for your viewing pleasure laugh.gif

Taguchi - Why does it seem the guys off the bench are hitting better and in the clutch more than are regulars? Three hits against Maine he was very good. We gotta hit the ball is right and get a freaking run when we have bases loaded and one out. AArrghhh! I'm going home to eat some walleyes now grin.gif

Most all of the playoff series have defied the prognosticators. Weaver and Maine are heroes. Glavine and Carpenter don't quite get it done. Yanks get a beatin, Twins swept by a lesser team. Only thing I know for sure is the new 60" HD television just got hooked up today at my house. Should be a good World Series. And I have no idea who will win tonight.

Neither do I and it's raining cats and dogs out there so there will be no walleye fishing for me tonight. frown.gif

Looks like I was wrong about the cards needing alot of runs tonight... 1-1 in the 7th inning.

Like I've been telling you guy's it's baseball anything can and will happen....

Congrats......... grin.gif

Quote:

Congrats NYC..

Bout half a billion dollars worth of spectators next week. grin.gif

I think the Mets were probably a bigger disappointment than the Yanks. The "Amazin Mets" had a pretty clear path to the WS IMO.

Congrats Tim.

In the hoopla of interviews and baseball tonight I have to say that Tim McCarver is just adding to his resume as the worse color man in baseball. Catch how he jumped on Joe Buck's coat tails when Joe first mentioned the slow footed Floyd as a double play possibility with his achiles and 30 seconds later McCarver said the same exact thing like Joe never mentioned it. frown.gifmad.gifI never liked him and Fox is pissed they didn't get a subway series booo hoo you idiots the midwest is where the quality hard nosed baseball is and LA and NY city can go to hell. grin.gif

I got an email from Sparky congratulating the Cards, that was nice.

Man it hasn't stopped raining here guys and thanks for the props for the Cards., who da thunk it....

Congrats Tim. I love the fact that neither New York teams made it in. All the networks hate it, but I love it. There were lots of good teams playing in the hickville midwest this year. ESPN will probably talk about next season more than they will the WS this week.

Good luck

Looks like the ole walleyes are safe for the next few weeks near CNY! Congrats, enjoy the ride, my friend. Hate to rain on your parade but I had to vote for the Kitties in your poll. Just too strong, but you never know, that's why the games are played on grass and not on computers. Windy

Albert who? Love to see the hard workin' quiet guy get it done. Way-to-go Yadi and Congrats to all the Card fans. See who scored ahead of him? And what did I say yesterday - WITH Rolen -- just that I thought it might be AP instead of one of the Tres Molinas to carry 'em to victory. Man, those curveballs in the ninth were WICKED BAD (just a little NewEngland phraseology for the dejected Met fans).

Couldn't have struck out a more overpaid, overrated guy to end it.

Of course you know, this whole thing turns out to be the curse of the '69 Cubs coming back to haunt the Mets.

Hmmm, Central Div seems to rule.

Next year has GOTTA be my Cubbies turn!