• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NLCS Predictions New York v.s. St.Louis

mnwild

boy we must be the 1st 2 people to vote so you can tell who I voted for. I know your a Cards fan but I think if NY can shut down Albert they will win the series but that is asking alot.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CNY Tim

• Windy City Walleye Hunter

• buzzsaw

• genegodawa

Yeah I voted for my heart naturally but I am a realist too the Cards could be easily swept in this, heck 21 out of 22 ESPN analysts picked San Diego over St. Louis so there you go... Just gotta play the games now...

Phew... I am glad Game 1 was cancelled between the Cards and Mets or I wouldn't have been able to do this... grin.gif

1000204qs3.jpg

Thanks Gene! It's a good thing I did go last night because it's raining pretty hard here this morning. I love ice fishing but fall walleyes this time of year from shore.... hmmmm it don't get much better than that. cool.gifsmile.gif I was even late to work this morning and didn't care one bit grin.gif Walleye catching will do that to ya laugh.gif Thanks Gene..

Nice Walters CNY,

I wonder if you will get any comments from Sled Neck? Good luck to your Birdies tonight.

Windy

Nice fish Tim. I will take the Cards. Albert will lead them to the promised land.

Actually, I know very little about the NL, but you can't predict what will happen. Who here thought that Detroit would do much in the playoffs the way they ended the season? Right now they look like the odds on favorites they way they are playing.

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the waldos. As far as my redbirds if they miraculously can pull off this NLCS I can't bear the thought of them getting swept in the W.S. yet again and the way Detroit is playing regardless if it's the Mets or Cards I still don't think that they have remotely enough to beat Detroit. Leyland can do nothing wrong case in point with Casey at the bat down with a calf injury some 10 yr. triple AAA 20K guy steps in and picks up where they left out. here playing some amazing ball right now. I truly believe it's Detroit in the end and why not they play real baseball in the AL Central...

I agree with you CNY,

The Kitties look earily like my beloved Pale Hose of last year. They start the season like a house on fire with great starting pitching, great relief and huge hitters, then go into the dumper the second half of the season, pee away their division lead (though my Pale Hose did hang onto it, barely) and then find a resurgence come playoff time. Kind of looks like "destiny". If they do pull it off I would not mind, with ex-Sox Leyland, Maggs and being from the Central but I would not mind seeing the Birdies take it with Tony and Duncan. Just don't want to see the Mets take it!!!

Windy

See,

There is something that Geno and I can agree on!

Windy

If Carp get's it done and we still don't hit this ship is sunk. Last night we made old man Tom Glavine lok good... For Christs sakes we had ample opportunities and kept shooting our selves in the foot, with double plays. Scott Rolen needs to sit period! Weaver pitched his butt off, one mistake to Beltran but othere than that he pitched good enough to win. AAAARGGHH give me a reason to stay home and watch you guys if not I'm going walleye fishing.

Hate to agree with you CNY,

But I would be a-skeered if I was a birdie fan.

Windy

I don't think you'll get a better pitching performance from any of the Cardinals pitchers the rest of the series, with that being said, the cards better score some runs or the brooms are coming out of the closet. frown.gif

As they have started, it seems to me the better series would be OAK/StL!!

This gonna start our disagreements over again Windy or do we have a new record of agreeing on TWO things????

If by "better" you mean more competitive then we agree. If you are saying that StL and Oak are the better teams then we disagree. I guess the World Series should be the best two teams and right now for better or worse the two best appear to be the Mets and Kitties. I forgot about the fond memories a NY team brought me lo the many years ago when I was a mear tot at the age of 10 back in the Summer of 69 (pardon my Bryan Adams reference). I guess I did like a NY team for one short period of time when my beloved Pale Hose lost 100 games that year! It helped quiet my Cubbie loving friends that summer. Windy

It's time to catch some walleyes already down 3-0 in the first mad.gifand I can think of nothing now but a walleye ripping the rod out of my hand. grin.gif At least I can get an early start after em tonight. cool.gif

Check that sports fans, Edmonds went out and did some yard work of his own. Time for bed gotta get up at 3:30 to get to my duck spot!

CNY,

Don't go sending up the panic flares just yet. I didn't realize the Birdies had a DDH on their bench. (designated dinger hitter) So is 2 for 2 in the post and both went yard. Touch em all So Taguchi! Windy

Windy - I'm gonna keep fishing and not put myself through the stress of watching them. I listened to the game while fishing off my buddy's dock and caught my limit. Spiezio is the man along with So, wow what a come back. That's how you pick up your Cy Young, here's last nights take...

1000216kd7.jpg

Quote:

the cards better score some runs or the brooms are coming out of the closet

9 runs qualify!! They need to keep scoring alot. Teguchi!!!

Taguchi's press conference was hilarious as funny as an interview with Long Duck Dong. grin.giflaugh.gifgrin.gif Scott Rolen may not be swinging the bat but that play at 3rd base last night late in the game was huge.

Windy, I did mean it would be more competitive (since both were in hitting slumps), but now the Cards are back in it.

Tim, more beauties...off a dock? You lucky guy. Pulled a MN walter out for my dinner tonight-yum!

RJ,Andy, or whoever the heck it was that was such a huge Tiger toaster -- you finally were right. Man do they ever look like they deserve to be in the WS. Who do you want - Mets or Cards?

Thanks Geno and those walters are very tasty wink.gif Yepper right off a buddys dock, winds were brutal last night. I took a beating out there and will recharge the batteries tonight and give her another whirl tomorrow.

I'll be rooting for Leyland and the Tigers to close it out. Tony and Jimmy are good friends and Tony is on record as stating that Leyland is one his mentors, Jimmy was a great scout for the cardinals and it does my heart good to see Polanco contributing the way he has. Leyland's the man!

Not to get under anyone's skin but I don't think its going to matter which team comes out of the NL, Detroit looks too tough of a team to beat. The starting pitchers for both the NL teams just blows, other than Carpenter, Suppan and Glavine. Other than that they really have nobody to match up against Detroit's starters and relief staff.

CNY Tim,

"No More Yankie My Wankie, DONGER WANTS FOOD"!

One of the funniest quotes from the Donger. Wish I had caught the interview. Your Birdies are in an old fashioned slug fest. They are like two heavyweight fighters who put up very little defense and just keep swinging from the heels. Not sure who is going to come out on top but it will be interesting. Do you think the Kitties will get rusty, sitting and waiting? Windy

Quote:

the cards better score some runs or the brooms are coming out of the closet

Oh oh, my quote comes back again.... 12 runs given up!! OUCH... like I said, they'll need alot of runs to have a chance.... lets hope for a 14-12 Cards win in the next game.

Oh yeah, since Tim likes to post what he's been doing (I love your pics) I'll do the same.... I like whacking ducks...

gwtonberetta2zj7.jpg