Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huntnfish

Sunday's Classifieds

5 posts in this topic

Did anyone else see the ad in the Fargo Forum selling the ducks, geese and other wild game that said were legally taken in MN. I was always under the impression that it was illegal to sell wild game. Am I wrong assuming this? Either way, I don't think its right to sell birds this way.

Gotta hate people that will drop hunting/fishing ethics to make a dirty buck.

Even more so when it's illegal as I believe they would need to be a commercial entity - but deadhead should be able to shed some light on this.

Makes you wonder if it was actually taken legally.

I saw the ad and honestly, I have no idea what the heck it meant???? I first interpreted it like you did, then decided someone was confused or drunk and posted an ad. Kinda weird! crazy.gifsmirk.gif

I believe I saw the same add, could the person have meant, that he/she would pay a land owner (add directed to land owners) for each bird shot at the stated $ for each kind of bird shot on the land owners property?

minneman, I've seen that same ad in the DL paper; a hunter is willing to pay a landowner $6 for every goose that the hunter shoots, plus, some of the birds. I don't know if that's the same ad in the forum or not.

BTW, it is illegal to sell wild game. The way churches get around the wild game feed deal is that they charge "admission" or a suggested donation, which circumvents paying for the actual meal.