• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Full moon report

LovenLifeGuy

real slow until midnight. After that it picked up a bit. Two of us took home 6 and threw back around 8-10. One over 26, a 25 and two 24's the rest were 22-23 inches. We could not get any fish to go on the inside or outside weed edge. We ended up getting most of our fish in the weeds pulling #7 shallow shads with firetiger and I think trout being the best. We were pulling the shads over the weeds with not a whole lot of line out. Fish were still going when we left at 3am due to the rain. We found the fish to be in one small area and once we found them we were catching a fish every pass, with one double on the night. Most people left around midnight and it was just a handfull of boats left in the bay after that. My guess is the fishing was tuff for all in that bay until midnight but I could be wrong! The weather was nice with indian point giving us a break from the wind. The temp on my truck showed 65 at 3:20 am (thats a little warm for me ) We only caught 2 eyes on hj's but the pike seemed to like them! All in all a decent night with good company in the boat! I was out last night with three other friends, two of them from out of town. I know "eric" who was in my boat and Neal who was in marbleeyeguy's boat had a good time for thier first time on the big lake. They had similar results with fewer big fish in the other boat. Thanks guys

LovenLifeGuy

Pretty much the same for us. We started in St. Albans, and with the wind the way it was, we stayed there. Started on the outside of the weedline pulling deep Shad Raps(#7) and took a couple nice fish (21 and 23 inches), then it went dead. We moved to the inside of the weedline, and pulled shallow Shad Raps (#7) and took several more fish(6), then that bite died. About midnight we started pulling sticks (Husky Jerks and Smithwick Rogues) over the weeds. That is where we took the larger fish. We ended the night at about the same time, 3:00,with a total of 13 fish, most between 22 and 25 inches...no big fish crazy.gif Had a great night, with a buddy, but we could have done without the wind.

My report is bad. Fished both nights, Fri from midnight until 4am and Sat from sunset until 10:30. Caught about 4 fish combined for those nights. One 27" fish. Fished as shallow as we could out to about 10ft. Covered different speeds with different lures and just couldnt put something together. We fished out of Agate Bay. Others in the area looked to be doing about the same. The only thing positive about the weekend was getting some work done on the fishouse.

Time to start hammerin honkers.

flick,

man, i would of been thrilled to have gotten a 27". nice going! 26 is my biggest this year so far. my report is in pics & report 10-05-06. its really cool some of you guys can really nail them. its also comforting to know some of you fish hard with lessor results. its always an adventure and theres the draw of possibly catching the biggest walleye of a lifetime. we might be a bit early? nahhhh...i just need more practice! lol

regards,

minnesotatuff

Mnstuff, The best fishing of the year is yet to come. We always seem to stick our biggest fish in late October or early november. Have faith and you will be rewarded with some of those hogs under the dark of night! Once the water temps get into the 40's watch out!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

maybe this cold front will do the trick? next saturday might be really good...

regards,

minnesotatuff

I was out on Thursday from 10 pm til 12:30 8 fish boated all eaters from 17 to 20 inches.

Back out again Friday night with good results. 18 fish caught 12 keepers between 3 guys the rest were 22 to 27 best fishiing from midnight till 2 am after some of the boats left. Dont be afraid to explore some weed lines. we caught 8 fish in an hour where there was not another boat within a mile.

lab

How was the launch at Agate?? I'm probably heading up next Thurs or Fri. and was thinking about Agate or Fischer's.

I just returned from a stint of guide trips on Mille Lacs and we found the bite to change each night but overall it was solid. We spent Friday and Saturday in the rocks on the E side S of Agate Bay and did well for numbers of really nice slot fish between 18 - 21.75". On Friday, the fish wanted the cranks deflecting off the rocks and on Saturday the fish wanted the cranks just above the rocks. The wind was indeed a challenge but I think it helped the bite. Last night we found some bigger fish near Seguchie Creek in pockets of grass with Husky Jerks and Rattlin' Rogues. Again, a great trip and it is sure nice to see such healthy fish. They are like bulldogs with white-tipped tails. grin.gif

I can't wait for the November full moon to roll around. If anyone is interested in a trip, I am available. I can be reached at [email protected] or 612-756-2184. I look forward to hearing from you!

We fished around center bar Saturday night from dusk to midnight. Only one keeper (20.5")and threw back 5 or 6 reeeaallly small ones. Tired shad raps, thundersticks, tail dancers and reef runners in a variety of colors. Didn't see many fish caught, either.

Fished the southwest end and had success on the rocks. We tried weeds with no success. The wind made boat control pretty tough too. We boated a 28.25, 27.5, 25 and the rest under 20. Two I caught were only 7-8 inches long crazy.gif. I am looking forward to better nights for numbers of fish. We stayed out on sat night till just before the rain came.

Nice report.

Some friends of mine were in the S end near Isle this past weekend and just pounded the fish from sundown until ~11:00 pm Thursday and Friday.

Tunrevir, I have always hung up the poles by mid Oct when the full moon is gone. I'm wondering how many boats you see in late October? Do you always fish the west shore? I'm a east side guy for the last fifteen years or so. Do you still catch allot of slots or are they all pigs? What is your biggest yet off the big pond?

Skeetman

My last time out last year was Nov. 20th. It was 20 degrees when we got off the water, but the fishing was real good. We picked up the two biggest fish of the fall that night. Only one other boat in the bay we were working. It was fantastic. Just like duck hunters in mn, everyone wants to quit when it gets cold! I love it grin.gif

LovenLifeGuy

What is the water temp on Nov 20th? Does that matter? Obviously not. Still fishing shallow with cranks I imagine?

I purchased a new Skeeter 2050 this year and I'm going to fish as long as I can. If you see a Black ,red,and Silver 2050 with probably the only 300 HPDI hanging off the back it's me. I hope to see you guys out there. I used to be a big duck hunter and always hunted till freeze up I quess I can fish till then too.

Skeetman, the best IS yet to come. The reason is that after this month the majority of the people pull out and park for the year. I see a whole lot less as far as boats go when you get into late Oct. and November. I fish the East side exclusively and so far the best fish I have boated is 30 1/2". I have had many fish in the 29-30 inch range but to actually have a bonafide 31-32" fish in my boat, well I haven't seen it YET! I am still looking for that first eye that makes the scale run into the teens. My Holy Grail so to speak, but man there are alot of fish in the 27-30" range up there and they do come out to play in the fall! When you catch a 28-29" fish on a stickbait and it still has a 10-12" tullibee sticking out of its mouth that is really something. Watertemps have to be right and then it is just plain fun! As far as slot fish go, when trolling late like that in the year, the best I have done is 6 fish in the box for 2 guys and 20 fish CPR'd that ran from 26 1/2 to 29 7/8ths. Last year I took a friend up and we caught 4 slots 17-19" and 19 other fish 27-29 1/2" I like the late season because most of the other guys are also deer hunters and are at the shack. I bowhunt and hopefully have my venison in the freezer by then. The smaller fish always seem to come from the shallower water as I tend to troll in the 12-15' range at night.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

tunrevir-Well the best I have seen yet in my boat this year is 28 3/4". I have caught many fish in the 23"to 28" the first ten days of Oct and then quit. I myself am still looking for that 12lb plus for the wall in the 32" range. I always heard that the tullipee moved in and the walleye's moved out. You just confirmed my curosity that the walleye's must come in and munch on them. I deer hunt also and that is why I always have hung up the poles but this year they may keep out longer than normal. Thanks for the encouragement.

SM, 28 3/4" not a bad fish at all! I have a couple of forays earmarked for the pond in November, hopefully the weather will cooperate. Keep catchin!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

That report will keep me from winterizing my boat. Are you still fishing in the 4-8 ft depths. Rocks only?? I fish the East side anywhere from Big Point and then keep on heading up on the North End Sand / mud during the summer. I've never had a chance to "crank" in the Fall. If you ever have an opening in Nov. give me a Shout, I live in Mounds View. smile.gif

Last night was an endurance test and we were probably the only ones out all night but the fish kept coming. Mostly 24 to 26 biggest was 29. Also caught some monster pike. Fish on grin.gif and nice to know my ice fishing wardrobe is good to go.

Does anyone ever troll on the East Side ???? Fischer's, Agate Bay ??? I'm more familiar with that side of the lake.

Fishing can be great in November but the thought of breaking ice in my glass boat doesn’t sound too appealing. crazy.gif

Were you using Husky Jerks, or Shad Raps. What size/colors, and how deep ???? West Side??

Rodmaker, I fished up in front of fishers last fall in early november and we had a great night for numbers but the biggest in our boat was only 24. I was out with mniceman and his bro was in another boat nearby and they caught a lot of fish and one over 28. Only one other boat in the area beside our two. Getting fish right on the first drop around 5-6ft with #12 hj's. I remember that night with many doubles and fish hitting our lures as we were letting our line out. From what I have heard nobody is catching fish in that area yet. I will try it soon enough! Good luck!

LovenLifeGuy

Lovenlifeguy. Thanks for the report. I have a Cousin who guides on the side up there. I'll give him a call and find out if anything is going up on the East Side. Maybe Agate is going. I'll let you know. smile.gif

Quote:

Were you using Husky Jerks, or Shad Raps. What size/colors, and how deep ???? West Side??

North and west sides HJ 12 in glass and fire tiger were the hot lures. Most fish came off the weedline not rocks like earlieir in the month.