Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
primetime49

Jiggin stock car racing and fishing

primetime49    0
primetime49

Jim I noticed on your bio that you are a stock car fan also.Tonight at the Alexandria fall classic I had the pleasure to sit with Lou Fegars ,his lovely wife and their son.They live on Lake Minnetonka and expressed the excellant fishing they have enjoyed for years.Got to pick Lous very brite racing mind and found out that he started racing in 1949 at where Sargent Field now stands in Chicago.Thier grandson was racing tonight and they were telling me which cars and drivers at the races were built by them or used to race for them.This was a great experience for me.told them how much fun I have had fishing the lilly pads in front of thier home after they described where they lived.Saw your relly dale too.Second time ran into him at Alex this season.Maybe a fishing venture with what I call a racing legend would be fun Eh!Small world after we discussed people in common from the area they live in.Kind of makes the crossover between fishing and racing more comfortable for me.

jigginjim    27
jigginjim

Prime, Most of my race watching now comes in my den. More fun being there, but then we don't have many drag boat( freaky fast fishermen) races around here. I took my wife to her first stock car race in Redwood Falls. She grew up there and never went to any of the races. I brother-in-law lives 6 blocks from the track in Alex. I had guide trips on the friday and saturday, in the cities. A gentleman from Texas, wanted to learn more about walleye fishing. Has only 1 lake 50 miles from his home that has walleyes in it. Showed he a few things to try, He really enjoyed the fishing here in Minnesota. He caught his first ever walleye and smallmouth. Says "I'm coming here again, this fishing is fun". On the water at 7:00am, left around 4:30pm. smile.gif fishing all day life is good.