Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wallyH

West end Report Oct 1-7

4 posts in this topic

Was up over the last week staying at Spring Bay Resort. Caught between 40-50 Walleyes. They were setting up in the deeper holes taking minnows on jigs. Size of minnows didn't seem to matter. Also seemed to do better in the morning than in the evening.

I also picked up a 38 inch northern on a white bucktail.

Thanks to Doug and Lisa for a great time.

How deep was deep? What size, color, and type of jig (Bucktail or plastic)? Any specific locations that you were fishing? Thanks for any info!

Most fish were caught in around 24-26 feet near deeper water. I was using a normal chartruese jig. Not sure if color mattered since I didn't try any other colors. We did well off of Hibbing point. My father in law and I caught a dozen there on Thursday morning in about 45 minutes. Then they shut off like someone flipped a switch.

Walter,

It was great to have you and Leslie and Sophie again. I always enjoy fishing with you. It was a good week, as the fish were on pretty good. I think it is just going to be a matter of you leaving all your walleye gear at home, and only bring the muskie tackle. But then I would just wind up giving you one of my walleye rods and we would be stuck again fishing eyes', and letting the big girls alone. Thanks again ---- look forward to fishing again with you next June and October.

Doug