Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Borch

Fishing report 10/06/06

10 posts in this topic

Well the plans to hit Mille Lacs Friday night after work fell appart due to the howling wind. Instead I went to the ROCORI footbal game and headed to Koronis afterwards. The wind was much more manageable there. We found water temps to be very consistent at around 55.7 degrees. We had steady fishing throughout the night. Lots of 15-22" walleyes and several pike as well. For those looking for shore fish opportunuties they eyes are up shallow in current areas. We saw lots of them with the floodlight in less than a foot of water.

Good Luck!

Borch, you are to quiet. That can only mean one thing, your hitting the walleyes on Koronis hard. So, are you getting them before dark or chasing them up shallow at night?

Well I'm getting some fishing in. But after a house fire this summer my time has been pretty limited.

Like most the area lakes there's a good but not spectacular bite on Koronis. If you put your time in you'll catch some fish. wink.gif

Come on guys!

I had some company out on the lake last night so I know I'm not the only one getting out to fish in the past few days. Fish are going good on several central mn bodies of water right now. For me last night fishing was pretty good. Caught my biggest eye so far this year. A very fat 28 1/2" piggy. Man, the fish pack on the weight this time of year. All catch and release last night as the bigger fish were up putting on the feedbag. I only caught two keepable fish in the 15-20" range. Water temps were around 54.5 degrees.

I also noticed a few large rafts of divers on the local lakes. It should just continue to get better both with a rod or a gun in hand.

How are other folks doing?

Borch- only one word for me..."PATHETIC". smirk.gif

I hope to get out this Sunday morning/afternoon for awhile. Time to get the boat winterized and get ready the boots dusted off and the bow geased up. Pheasant season and Ripley coming up!!

Brandon,

You need to get me your phone number. I was really trying hard the other night to fill an open seat. Shoot me an email.

jeffonthewater at aol (Contact Us Please)

I should of spoke up earlier! smirk.gif I've been following your success this fall, you really are keyed in on those eyes.

I'll send you a note.

Borch, what are you using? Are guys working the rocks around the islands? Will be out on Koronis Sunday the 15th. It could be the last open water trip of the year. I want to make it a good one.

Thanks

I was out Friday for a couple of hours and fished the islands. That was about the roughest water I've been on. Major rollers out there. I did manage to catch a decent nothern trolling. The wind was so strong I couldn't tell if it was the wind blowing my rod or a hit when live baiting.

Guys are working the center flats, windmill point, stonegate point, the islands and just about every shoreline.

Good Luck Sunday. It's a duck hunting and housework weekend for me. I'm heading up north for a fishing trip over MEA. I'll definitely make a few more trips though around St. Cloud before ice up.