Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Troublehook

Handheld gps

Question

Troublehook

Hey, I have another question that involves me and buying something with my extremely tight budget. Im looking for a handheld gps for a really cheap price. All I would like, is for it to have plot pointing, distance meter from those points(which I'm sure would be on all gps systems.) and hopefully something that tells your speed. I don't need a mapping sytem or anything fancy like that, just something to help me find fishing locations. I saw something like this on cabela's website for $99, but my question, is do pawn shops carry these, and could I get one for cheap there?

Or would that be a bad idea? Any other places to check out? I dont think I would like any online ordering because of high shipping, plus, cant see first hand what I am buying.

thanks for any and all help!

5 answers to this question

delcecchi

I got a lowrance Go2, and the expensive model was 90 bucks at amazon. Has a crude background map with main roads and lakes. Runs a long time on 2 batteries.

doesnt' take map chips. or uploads.

Troublehook

yeah Amazon has the one that i like. I think I am going to the Pawn America in St.Paul tomorrow because they have it as well. Its the garmin eTrex. Anyone have any experience with this device?

Surface Tension

Shop around. I just saw the Lowrance iFinder GO Portable Handheld GPS Unit for $70. Yes that right and with 16 channels and WAAS.

delcecchi

the Go model comes in two versions. There is a 32MB model for 79.95 MSRP and a 64MB for 99.95, I splurged, but I don't know that it was worth the extra 20 bucks for the slightly more detailed map. But I like mine pretty well. It certainly does what I wanted it to do.

TurnUpTheFishing

Referbished Etrex Legends go for $100 at Gander. Regularly they run $170 new! They come with the features you wanted, plus a preloaded background map and the ability to use mapsource software if you ever decide you want to.