Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
korn_fish

party cruisers on tonka

3 posts in this topic

So when do these guys get off of the lake? Found out last night that they are out there all night long!! Do they leave when it gets colder or are they out there till ice on?

I swear they saw lights and had to come across the lake to see who was out there. Was nearly hit twice. Had to cut away the anchor once.

Forgot the cell in the truck, otherwise there would have been a call to the authorities.

was it the vikings?, or maybe the twins, they have nothing to do now...

Korn:

Tonka Cruisers have come close to capsizing my little boat a couple of times - one reason I haven't used my anchor for years - although I still carry it in the bow for balance. It might be the "herd mentality" that brings giant cruisers to pass within a short cast of a fishing boat when chugging over acres of water. They say sheep tend to follow.

Unseasonably warm weather will bring them out every time - ba a ah ba a ah ba a ah grin.gif. There will be fewer party boats out there for sure after this week's freezing temps.

Try fishing early and late during the work week. There are spots on Tonka where it can almost feel remote and you won't hear nor see another boat for hours.

Take Care,

dsludge