Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bwtrout

Replacement furnance propane hose

8 posts in this topic

I can't find a replacement 5' - 3/8" Male Pipe Thread x 3/8" Female Flare propane hose for my ice house furnace (I can find a 22" hose) All I can find don't have the Female Flare end? The hose runs from the regulator (outside) to a Flared Tee (inside to a stove and furnace)

Bump

Check with your local furnace guy. I looked up and down for connectors (Mr. Heater, Coleman, Ace Hardware, etc.) for extensions and quick-connectors and couldn't find the right sizes. Furnace guys have that stuff in their trucks. Some people try to use air fittings; don't do that.

try mikes lp in maplewood mn

wayne there can make any thing you need.

bbqhead

Do you have the old fittings?

No, I tossed them, I didn't realize you could make up your own hose.

Take IFallsRon's advice. Go to your local propane dealer. Here in Warroad, I went to our local Cen-ex station when I was having problems replacing a hose on my gas grill. They had a huge assortment of different fittings and the correct hose to use with propane. 1DIRTBALL wink.gif

Be sure to go to a propane service place to get a propane hose made, the hose that is used is specially made for propane, any other hose is a no no. wink.gif