Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleye_82

Rainy River Walleyes

3 posts in this topic

Ha whats going on at the Rainy River and Lake of The Woods at Light house gap. Are the walleyes still bitting and for how much longer. I heard snow and freezing for the weekend of Oct. 13-14-15. Is that going to slow the bit down or make it pick up. I Live in the cities and want to make a late run up there didn't make it in august. Heard it was good. Wondering is the gap going to be a good place to go or we going to have to run down river to Baudette. Haven't fished there this late. Like to hear some remarks on the bit. Thanks. Walleye

I don't get up to Lake of the Woods as often as I would like, but I do always squeeze in one late season trip and it's always good fishing.

It seems I am always up on the coldest freakin' day of the year, freezing fingers, ice forming on my beard, soaking wet clothes and the wind just a howling...Yet, It's still tons of fun!

The fish only seem to bite better and better as the hardwater season approaches. Late fall/Early Ice = Great fishing on LOW/Rainy River. You'll be fine, the cold weather shouldn't hurt anything as far as the fishing, It'll just make it tougher on you.

I still haven't made my annual fall trip yet, I guess it's not cold enough yet? I'm planning on heading up late this month.

Good luck and have fun on your trip. grin.gif

The best day of fishing I've ever had was the day before things froze up. Any time from now till that happens is the best fishing ever. Everybody talks about the late spring fishing, but the fall fishing is way better!