Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Art Barbarians

2006 Waterfowl Photo Contest

163 posts in this topic

Lets see how this goes. Please refer to the general rules as seen on the deer hunting photo contest. Feel free to show picts your dogs in action, birds in the air, lets have some fun. Post here or email your photos to theartbarbarian@yahoo.com (subject: Waterfowl Photo Contest). This years photos only, use good judgement.

Thanks,

Art Barbarians

Art Barbarians Gallery

theartbarbarian@yahoo.com

some of the boys from college, i know its not as cool as last years but its a start of all things good. see if you can find the flock of geese coming in behind us. hahaha

100_1108.jpg

Here's one that I thought was the best photo from this year so far...

From Oct. 1, 2006

20061001_ba_md_rs.jpg

This poor guy fell on Saturday morning.

Was hunting alone so I think there is a better story behind the picture than the bird. smile.gif

I had to set my camera on a canoe paddle that I had balanced on a folding chair I brought with.

The timer gave me 10 seconds so it was a quick hustle to pick up the goose, gun, and look excited

at the same time!

I need to get a little tripod one of these days.

What great duck hunting weather... 80 degrees, 30+ mph wind from the south, and bluebird skies!

chris2wp5.jpg

Just this past weekend.

goose012.jpg

Hopefully this counts as this year, this was this past spring '06

"Sunset Snows"

snows-1.jpg

Death Row

deathrow.jpg

Like my buddy said, "A fair day in the snow goose decoys" 229- 3irons

229.jpg

Here's a pic of my 9mth old pup Gunner with his first retrieve. I felt like a proud papa when he placed this widgeon in my hand on his first day of duck hunting.

ranngun.jpg

Called simply MIDNITES LAST HUNT frown.gif

[image]midnitepostingux9.jpg[/image]

First goose of the early season. Gotta love the jewelry.

cabin012.jpg

How do you taste?

P1030121.jpg

Check me out!

P1030114.jpg

Quote:

Here's a pic of my 9mth old pup Gunner with his first retrieve. I felt like a proud papa when he placed this widgeon in my hand on his first day of duck hunting.

ranngun.jpg

Allouez bay or the river?

Jimbo I'm sure the little black dog enjoyed it old friend!!!

A toast to Midnite!

Test Photo

briangoose1is0.jpg

Hopefully this works, first time I have posted a picture.

This is my sons first duck and the first time time he has been gotten some thing on the wing. Joey is 10 yrs old.

100_1382.jpg

Here's our best photo of the year...In my opinion, it doesn't hold a candle to Elwood's pic of Joey though. Any picture of a kid holding his first duck is golden! Congrats Joey!

100_0013-1.jpg

Here's my son and me (the proud dad) grin.gif with his first duck.

100_1115.jpg

these are from last year but I thought I would still share.

1st,2nd, and 3rd are Pugent Sound WA, Blaine Harbor Jan 05

4th Mexico March 05

FH000001.jpg

FH000003.jpg

FH000005.jpg

Mex

FH000004.jpg

mallardflight25as5.jpg

mallardflight21ng7.jpg

TRM those are some sweet Harlequin pics. Some day I'd love to make a trip up there, maybe blow up some Ptarmigan as well.

I was visiting Seattle at the end of the summer. Wanted to get out on the sound for some sea ducks and some salmon but both were not in season. I bet it was a once in a lifetime experience.

Heres to Midnights last Hunt as well. My golden retriever Hunter is turning 12 tomorrow so I know how hard it is when they want to come along so bad but can't. I'm sure it was a very memorale hunt.

I took my twelve year old nephew (Nate) out on opener weekend with his grandfather, he managed to make his first experience a very good one. He also shot a Drake Wood duck. laugh.gif

natesfirstgoosehuntkp1.jpg

A few from opener in SW MN. It was Kash's first hunt!!!

2006102104938_4786.jpg

First duck retrieve:

2006102104954_4786.jpg

First goose retrieve:

2006102105011_4786.jpg

Him and I waitin' for more!!:

200610139643_4786.jpg

Both his and I first geese, was a double to boot!!:

2006102105031_4786.jpg

Nice shots Michael. If you read the first post, you'll see that those shots should qualify. Nice Job.

Tom W

Riley with a good sized goose.

d2x00010gg8.jpg